Author Topic: Snicker...  (Read 91 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Snicker...
« on: November 21, 2023, 08:14:32 AM »
  Lawyers;

awyers...
The local United Way office realized that it had never received a donation from the town's most successful lawyer. The volunteer in charge of contributions called him to persuade him to contribute. "Our research shows that out of a yearly income of more than $600,000 you give not a penny to charity. Wouldn't you like to give back to the community in some way?"

The lawyer mulled this over for a moment and replied, "First, did your research also show that my mother is dying after a long illness, and has medical bills that are several times her annual income?"

Embarrassed, the United Way rep mumbled, "Um... No."

"Second, that my brother, a disabled veteran, is blind and confined to a wheelchair?" The stricken United Way rep began to stammer out an apology but was put off. "Third, that my sister's husband died in a traffic accident," the lawyer's voice rising in indignation, "Leaving her penniless with three children?"

The humiliated United Way rep, completely beaten, said simply, "I had no idea..." On a roll, the lawyer cut him off once again, "...And I don't give any money to them, so why should I give any to you?!"

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Snicker...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 08:16:42 AM »
More snickers;
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)