Author Topic: DeSantis made a fool out of Newsome last night  (Read 420 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
DeSantis made a fool out of Newsome last night
« on: November 30, 2023, 11:09:43 PM »
 doubt if it did him much good but it was entertaining
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: DeSantis made a fool out of Newsome last night
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 01:24:08 AM »
I didn't watch the debate. I knew it would consist of Newsom lying, and DeSantis telling the truth.

You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 08:08:52 AM »
doubt if it did him much good but it was entertaining
With -- simple facts -- DeSantis won the debate but as far as style, which counts to a HUGE degree in debates, Newsom ripped DeSantis a new butt hole.

DeSantis simply is a very, very poor debater; he never hammered Newsom hard to actually answer the question but let Newsom go on and on with some thing not related to the question, but Newsom repeatedly hammered DeSantis with the few points that did go against DeSantis.

When DeSantis had made a point, that nailed Newsom hard, he just let Newsom float out some repeated talking point not related.

AT that.
HANNITY -- was the worst one --  letting Newsom babble on and on instead of confronting him to shut up and actually address the question.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 09:00:26 AM »
The moderator (Hannity) should have a kill switch for the microphones and should shut the mic off for the one not being addressed.  Either that, or he should tell the one not addressed to shut the heck up.  It's not like they didn't know what rude is.  Anyway, I doubt many were swayed by that waste of air time.  One has to assume that Sean knew very well that letting the two of them talk at the same time would be a bad idea.  I will not watch any more of this type of thing if they allow lies and contestants to talk over each other.
Swingem

Online scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 09:11:35 AM »
Doesn't take much to make Newsom look like a fool. Pretty low hanging fruit.
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 01:45:01 PM »
From magooch:
The moderator (Hannity) should have a kill switch for the microphones and should shut the mic off for the one not being addressed.  Either that, or he should tell the one not addressed to shut the heck up.  It's not like they didn't know what rude is.  Anyway, I doubt many were swayed by that waste of air time.  One has to assume that Sean knew very well that letting the two of them talk at the same time would be a bad idea.  I will not watch any more of this type of thing if they allow lies and contestants to talk over each other.
Yep. The kill switch was much needed in the Clinton/Trump debates as Trump was always running his mouth when not addressed or time up. What is good for the goose should be good for the orange gander.
GuzziJohn

Offline Casull

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2023, 01:57:48 PM »
From magooch:
Yep. The kill switch was much needed in the Clinton/Trump debates as Trump was always running his mouth when not addressed or time up. What is good for the goose should be good for the orange gander.
GuzziJohn

Well, since Trump was NOT in this debate, your post is just a shining example of TDS.
Aim small, miss small!!!
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2023, 02:35:59 PM »
From magooch:
GuzziJohn

Well, the supporter of baby killing, pedophiles, queers, jew haters, and corrupt dementia riddled presidents thinks a debate 7 years ago wasn't fair.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2023, 09:45:47 PM »
Nothing says that you won the debate like your main guy quitting on you the day after the debate. :)