Author Topic: What next for Ron DeSantis?  (Read 883 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
What next for Ron DeSantis?
« on: January 22, 2024, 04:38:40 AM »
  If offered, would a cabinet position be an upgrade from governor?  How about the VA director or Secretary of Defense, Secretary of the Interior?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: What next for Ron DeSantis?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 06:57:48 AM »
I like vice president better, but that won't happen.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 11:08:16 AM »
I think he needs to take his butt back to Florida and be Governor, that is the job the folks elected him to. Then perhaps the next time around he can run for President.

He seems to be a pretty good governor but I don't think he's ready to be President or VP either.

Frankly I think Don Junior should be the VP choice. If he picks a black or a woman or worse yet a black woman he will not get my vote.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Like Like x 1 Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 01:37:34 PM »
I think he needs to take his butt back to Florida and be Governor, that is the job the folks elected him to. Then perhaps the next time around he can run for President.

^ ^ ^ ^
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 02:02:15 PM »
I'd like  DeSantis, or Ramaswamy for vice president. Either one would be great.

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 03:31:43 PM »
  Although I agree,  I don’t see it happening.
I agree with DeSantis coming back to finish up in Florida
Then I'd like him and Ramaswamy to take President and vice back to back
If it comes out like that.The USA would be the best it ever was, including all the mud pushed back where is
Came from.

Itching to hear Trumps pick

Online Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 03:32:11 PM »
I want a fair election, closed borders, eviction of illegals and a bunch of other unobtaniums...
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024, 01:17:35 AM »
i wouldnt completely rule him out for vice president. but today a vice president under a white president about has to be a minority or women. this might be a bit different though because trump doesnt have to worry about what others think because he doesnt have to kiss ass. sure would be great because it would set him right up for 2028
blue lives matter
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2024, 05:31:14 AM »

He seems to be a pretty good governor but I don't think he's ready to be President or VP either.

Frankly I think Don Junior should be the VP choice. If he picks a black or a woman or worse yet a black woman he will not get my vote.
There are some very strong, non-Rino Black Conservative women but none that I know off that are in politics looking to be Vice President.
Ramaswamy would be very good as he would bring in a LOT of young voters for Trump.
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2024, 11:05:56 AM »

I get a feeling Trumps   V P  pick will be a woman . 

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2024, 11:10:13 AM »
  Problem with Ron is ,he has the personality of a fence post . 

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2024, 12:45:11 PM »

That, and he campaigned like running for Governor. All he talked about was what he had done for Fla. I agree with GB, he needs to stay in FLA. I think Governors are more important than VP'S. Trump should pick a Kari Lake type for VP. A good looking woman will attract many a young man votes. And some of us, I mean those old geezers too! ;D Some are thinking Sarah H. from Arkansas, but like Desanctimonious , why a no nothing job, while important decisions need to be made at state level.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2024, 12:49:31 PM »

That, and he campaigned like running for Governor. All he talked about was what he had done for Fla. I agree with GB, he needs to stay in FLA. I think Governors are more important than VP'S. Trump should pick a Kari Lake type for VP. A good looking woman will attract many a young man votes. And some of us, I mean those old geezers too! ;D Some are thinking Sarah H. from Arkansas, but like Desanctimonious , why a no nothing job, while important decisions need to be made at state level.

I find it amusing that an unemployed former News caster would be considered a superior choice over 2 successful governors. :)
I don't care what the vice president looks like, I want to see their track record, because historically the vice president will be the next presidential candidate/president. I'd bet on a PROVEN GOVERNOR, WITH A PROVEN RECORD OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS instead of rolling  the dice for an unemployed news caster, every time. I'm not hoping for 4 years,  I'm hoping for 12. ;)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2024, 02:52:57 AM »
i wouldnt completely rule him out for vice president. but today a vice president under a white president about has to be a minority or women. this might be a bit different though because trump doesnt have to worry about what others think because he doesnt have to kiss ass. sure would be great because it would set him right up for 2028
   Trump said just yesterday, that we WILL NOT be surprised by his VP pick !  ..Whatever that means..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2024, 08:41:57 AM »
 DeSantis Trump or vise versa
Can’t happen
Both addresses are Florida

Offline Dee

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2024, 09:02:27 AM »
DeSantis Trump or vise versa
Can’t happen
Both addresses are Florida

Myth Nothing in the Constitution bars both from being from the same state.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2024, 04:22:13 PM »

I find it amusing that an unemployed former News caster would be considered a superior choice over 2 successful governors. :)
I don't care what the vice president looks like, I want to see their track record, because historically the vice president will be the next presidential candidate/president. I'd bet on a PROVEN GOVERNOR, WITH A PROVEN RECORD OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS instead of rolling  the dice for an unemployed news caster, every time. I'm not hoping for 4 years,  I'm hoping for 12. ;)

Why would you want to take a Governor who is doing great things for a State, and put them in a position of "DUH" in the Federal Governent? Do you think a Governor Like Greg Abbot, who is making a difference in TX could do as much as a VP for our southern border? Leave good governors where they can do the most good for their state and the country where they are. I believe the States will will play a more important roll of saving the country from the NWO than politicians at the National level, where the deep state is running things at present. They control DC, but not the state governments. Speaking of unemployed News Casters.....I can think of one that would put most politicians to shame, and would be in a position to raise the importance of a VP to new levels. Send T.C. to D.C.

Offline Dee

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2024, 12:34:51 AM »

Why would you want to take a Governor who is doing great things for a State, and put them in a position of "DUH" in the Federal Governent? Do you think a Governor Like Greg Abbot, who is making a difference in TX could do as much as a VP for our southern border? Leave good governors where they can do the most good for their state and the country where they are. I believe the States will will play a more important roll of saving the country from the NWO than politicians at the National level, where the deep state is running things at present. They control DC, but not the state governments. Speaking of unemployed News Casters.....I can think of one that would put most politicians to shame, and would be in a position to raise the importance of a VP to new levels. Send T.C. to D.C.

What I believe, and what you believe, are obviously two different things. When Donald Trump was president, Governor Abbott didn't have a problem with the border. The federal government was doing its job. DeSantis has about 2 years left on his term and then he is former Florida governor.
He successfully turned Florida around, and red. DeSantis as vice president, could work with Trump, while getting national name recognition, then already be inplace to run for president.
I don't want an unproven rookie with zero track record trying to learn how to run effectively the biggest business in the world, while dodging political arrows at the same time.

Already Biden is pushing not just Governor Abbott, but all Texans towards a reckoning with the federal government. Texas cannot continue to send billions of dollars in Texas taxpayers money to the federal government, while fighting the border invasion alone, with constant interference from the feds, along with their law suits against us.

Now, democrats are urging Biden to seize control of the Texas National Guard. How do you think that will go? Whats going on down here is "a topic of interest" to most of you northerners. TV news snippets are far different from watching local law enforcement unload 20 or 30 illegals on a parking lot where you live.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2024, 02:06:49 PM »
Westerner now, but southern born and bred. The President  "Ike Eisenhower" federalized the Arkansas NG (1958) in my home state of Arkansas to force integration. He also sent the 101st Airborne Div. to enforce it. I was there at the time to see them move protesters with fixed bayonets and water cannons. I wouldn't put it past the Biden bunch to do the same thing with the Texas NG.

Offline Dee

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2024, 02:25:45 PM »
Nuthin that old sonofabitch does surprises me, but I don't think Abbott will back down on the Texas NG. This may get real serious soon.
At the south end of my little town last week, I saw 3 deputies, 2 city cops, and 2 state troopers, unload about 20 illegals, and I'm a fer piece from the border.
We're getting more and more such traffic, and our stolen car crime, and robberies are going through the roof. 4 years of Trump is not gonna be long enough to clean this mess down here up.

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2024, 03:57:51 PM »
Too many were comfortable for
too long,  and made excuses and
enabled
The whole time, they were way too
short sighted to see that the whole
nation was effected by the border
jumper problem, not just 4 southernmost
states

Oh well.  . . .
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2024, 02:02:44 PM »
:)

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2024, 03:53:06 PM »
Westerner now, but southern born and bred. The President  "Ike Eisenhower" federalized the Arkansas NG (1958) in my home state of Arkansas to force integration. He also sent the 101st Airborne Div. to enforce it. I was there at the time to see them move protesters with fixed bayonets and water cannons. I wouldn't put it past the Biden bunch to do the same thing with the Texas NG.
  He did set up a Operation Wetback in 1954, at that time, and never happened again, was the biggest deportation of illegals back to Mexico.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman