Author Topic: Stuporbowl Shoot-em-up Parade day  (Read 391 times)

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Stuporbowl Shoot-em-up Parade day
« on: February 14, 2024, 09:44:08 AM »
The "news" people are babbling about
some hometown Stuporbowl parade
was shot up, and between all the unintelligible
babbling I gather that several are shot and
none of the National Felons League players
were hurt.
More hoodrat bs is what I understand from
the occasional words that get repeated besides
gun control this and that and red flag blah blah.

Woulda been a good day to be in a elbow-to-elbow
crowd of unruly hoodrats. I'm almost tempted to
risk turning on the television to see wth
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Stuporbowl Shoot-em-up Parade day
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 09:49:08 AM »
Actually it was a shooting incident NEAR the parade route in celebration of the Kansas City Chiefs superbowl win. The news I watched didn't say anything about the parade being attacked.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 09:54:22 AM »
Don't really know for sure about
any of it myself except what the
babbling dude on the radio said
when I turned it on.
They were carrying on about "parade",
and "shooting" and kinda left everybody
to put the puzzle pieces together.

I was trying to find something and
channel surfing since this time
period on WBAP has been Rick-less
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 11:00:15 AM »

At least eight people wounded in shooting at Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl victory parade

https://news.yahoo.com/shooting-reported-chiefs-super-bowl-201512869.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 06:24:47 PM »
One dead and 22 wounded. Dead was: Lisa Lopez-Galzan a radio show host apparently.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 01:40:05 AM »
Hear a few making excuses for the
"built-up rage and disenfranchisement
and inequity, etc. " of the shooter
they're showing that was black.

Probably why the topics are being
semi-muffled when perverts and
brown people cut loose with a gun.

I can't help but be puzzled about where
all the guilt comes from in all these
enablers and excuse makers
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 02:17:27 AM »
Biden didn't waste any time to use the shooting for political purposes.  Mentioning that the shooting should shock us into limiting gun violence. I never knew that guns can be violent.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2024, 02:23:45 AM »
Biden didn't waste any time to use the shooting for political purposes.  Mentioning that the shooting should shock us into limiting gun violence. I never knew that guns can be violent.

Oh yes
I understand the british people have a
bad problem with their cutlery coming
to life and causing mayhem all over
england, much like our self-shooting
guns here
 :D.       :D.       :D
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2024, 02:36:36 AM »
Remember! When seconds count. The police are only minutes away.

Actual definition of "1st Responders"
. Whoever is there when it happens.  ;)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2024, 03:51:50 AM »

Oh yes
I understand the british people have a
bad problem with their cutlery coming
to life and causing mayhem all over
england, much like our self-shooting
guns here
 :D.       :D.       :D

Looks like the UK is having a "stabbing spree"..  https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42749089
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2024, 06:48:29 AM »
I've heard some boo hoo about the
shooter that was caught wearing
MAGA red clothing, but isn't the
team colors ( like tens of thousands
of other people were wearing) bright
red ? Also heard this and that about
him actually being wyte. The photo
that I was sent showed a light skinned
black man in red with handcuffs on.
No white cracker MAGA man like
many were apparently hoping for
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2024, 12:27:13 PM »
https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/trey-filter-casey-filter-kansas-city/2024/02/15/id/1153755/

By Sandy Fitzgerald    |   Thursday, 15 February 2024 12:56 PM EST

Trey Filter, one of two men who helped tackle a man with a gun after the Kansas City Chiefs victory parade, told Newsmax on Thursday that he and his wife Casey, who moved the weapon away from the man, have not been contacted by authorities and do not yet know if the man they stopped is a suspect in a shooting that killed one and wounded dozens more.

"We were just enjoying the end of the parade like everybody else," Trey Filter told "National Report," noting that he and his wife and their sons, ages 15 and 12 drove from Wichita, Kansas, for the parade.

He said they found it "comforting" that there were gunmen on the roofs near the Union Station victory rally, but as the parade was over, the family heard gunshots while heading to their car.

"I was under the impression that was probably a jokester or somebody with firecrackers," he said, but while people were running, he noticed "one guy" who "didn't look like the other people. He was running for different reasons."

Filter said that he and another person at the rally, identified as Paul Contreras, stopped the man and got him down and that he was under the impression he still had the gun.

"My wife here grabbed the assault rifle and [dragged] it away over here to this wall," he said.

He noted that he hit the man "in his ribs" until the police arrived and he was pulled off.

"I was concerned about where my family and kids were, so once I rounded them up, we got out of there," he said.

Casey Filter said the gun landed by her feet and her first thought was to get it out of the way so nobody else could get hold of it.

But her husband said that as they left the scene soon after, they have not spoken to any law enforcement about what happened.

There was initial talk that the shootings may have been gang-related, and Kansas City Police Chief Stacey Graves said at a briefing Thursday that two of the people involved were juveniles and that a personal dispute, not an act of terrorism, is suspected.

Trey Filter said he also would "lean toward the gang thing," even though he knows from when was younger, "gang activity did not involve shooting 20 rounds into a mass of people … but again, we don't know."

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2024, 01:26:59 AM »
Golly jeeze yoose guys

Looks like those pesky teens are
at it again
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2024, 11:19:24 AM »
https://www.newsmax.com/us/kansas-city-chiefs-super-bowl/2024/02/16/id/1153909/

Friday, 16 February 2024 01:04 PM EST

Two juveniles have been charged with crimes connected to the shooting at the Kansas City Chiefs’ Super Bowl rally, authorities said Friday.

A news release from the Jackson County Family Court said the juveniles are being detained in the county’s Juvenile Detention Center “on gun-related and resisting arrest charges.” The release said it is “anticipated that additional charges are expected in the future as the investigation by the Kansas City Police Department continues.”

No further information was immediately available.

A mother of two was killed and 22 people were injured by gunfire Wednesday afternoon, when shots erupted amid the throng of fans gathered at a rally outside Union Station after a parade through the city. Police Chief Stacey Graves said Thursday that victims ranged from ages 8 to 47, with half under 16.

Police initially detained three juveniles but released one who they determined wasn't involved in the shooting. No charges have been filed against the two remaining in custody. Police are looking for others who may have been involved and are calling for witnesses, victims and people with cellphone video of the violence to call a dedicated hotline.

Police spokesperson Alayna Gonzalez said in an email that police are working with juvenile prosecutors “to review investigative findings and determine applicable charges. The juvenile court system determines the custody status of all juvenile arrests.”

The shooting outside Union Station occurred despite the presence of more than 800 police officers who were in the building and surrounding area, including on top of nearby structures, said Mayor Quinton Lucas, who attended with his wife and mother and ran for safety when the shots were fired. But he doesn't expect to cancel the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day parade.

“We have parades all the time. I don’t think they’ll end. Certainly we recognized the public safety challenges and issues that relate to them,” Lucas said.

Wednesday’s celebration was the third such parade since 2020, and the others had no violence. People packed the parade route, with fans climbing trees and street poles for a better view. Players rolled through on double-decker buses as DJs and drummers heralded their arrival.

The rally had just ended and music was still blaring when the shots began. Many people initially thought they were hearing fireworks. Some in the crowd hit the ground while others leapt over barriers and sprinted, some carrying children in their arms.

Eventually stunned rallygoers — many in tears — gathered their belongings, trying to figure out how to get home. Strangers comforted each other as police put up crime scene tape where moments earlier there had been a joyous celebration.

The police chief said 1 million people likely attended the parade, which occurred in a city of about 470,000 people and a metropolitan area of about 2 million, but stressed that the violence was wrought by just a handful of people.

“The law enforcement response was exemplary. Those in attendance also responded," Graves added.

Among them was Trey Filter, who was walking to the car with his family when he heard yells of “get him.”

Filter, 40, who lives outside Wichita, Kansas, saw a fleeing person, prompting him and another bystander to try to tackle him. Filter eventually jumped on top of the person.

“I don’t know what the hell I was thinking,” the owner of an asphalt and concrete company recalled. “We was like, ‘We got him.’ I’ll always remember that. And then they started screaming, 'There’s a gun!’”

The gun fell near his wife, Casey Filter, who picked it up. At that point the fleeing person was under a dogpile about 10 feet (3 meters) away.

Police didn’t identify Filter as a man who intervened or specifically say whether the person he tackled was a suspect.

Hank Hunter, a Kansas high school sophomore, said he heard shots in the distance while watching the rally with a friend. Initially, they didn’t know what it was, but then, “like a chain reaction,” people started hitting the ground.

They ran to jump over a barricade, and his friend slammed his head into the concrete, Hunter said. A security guard ushered his friend into Union Station, which was closed to the general public, as the Chiefs players and coaches prepared to leave on buses. There, coach Andy Reid consoled his friend and “just tried to comfort him and calm him down.”

The slain woman was identified by radio station KKFI-FM as Lisa Lopez-Galvan, host of “Taste of Tejano.”

Lopez-Galvan, whose DJ name was “Lisa G,” was an extrovert and devoted mother from a prominent Latino family in the area, said Rosa Izurieta and Martha Ramirez, two childhood friends who worked with her at a staffing company.

Taylor Swift, who is dating Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, donated $100,000 to Lopez-Galvan’s family through GoFundMe campaigns.

Kansas City has long struggled with gun violence, and in 2020 it was among nine cities targeted by the U.S. Justice Department in an effort to crack down on violent crime. In 2023, the city matched a record with 182 homicides, most of which involved guns.

Lucas has joined with mayors across the country in calling for new laws to reduce gun violence, including mandating universal background checks.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125