Author Topic: H&R Site  (Read 1305 times)

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
H&R Site
« on: February 04, 2004, 02:18:52 PM »
I am not sure if any of you guys visit the H&R site but they have shut down the talk forum. I liked the info shared there. Does anyone have any idea why they did?
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline TCShooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
H&R Site
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 04:16:20 PM »
Hey Bubba,

Quoted from the H&R talk site:

"It is a company sponsored feature.  This makes H&R responsible for what appears on the site.  As you know, many statements, questions and recommendations appear on the site that may be factually wrong, provide dangerous information, or contradict H&R safety instructions."

On the site was a lot of talk about reloading, rechambering and other 'modifications' that probably contradicted the H&R safety instructions.  Sooooooo it sounds like they did it before a lawsuit came about from an accident that happened due to some info that may have been on their site.

Just my two cents!

Mario
Gen 27:3  And now, I pray thee, take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field and hunt me venison.

Offline RCL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
H&R Site
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 03:12:32 PM »
Sounds like it was done at the "request" of the parent company. :D

http://leverguns.sixgunner.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1560
Robert Leggett
"You sure you know how to skin grizz pilgrim?"

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
H&R Site
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 01:45:14 AM »
Well guys make sure to chack ou tthe H&R forums on here that GB has set up. A lot of the guys from the old site are there and the nice thing here is none of the fighting and chewing there was at the old site.
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.