Poll

How would you like a new fourm for Tools?

Yes I would support this fourm when started.
12 (66.7%)
No I would not support this fourm if ever started.
6 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: How would you like a fourm about tools ?  (Read 1758 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
How would you like a fourm about tools ?
« on: March 10, 2007, 05:08:36 PM »
Hi I was thinking that alot of people here must be craftsmen that use tools everyday. I would like to see a fourm where you can brag about a new tool you own or complain about a tool you bought that stinks. They could be from carpentry tools to car tools. We could even set up a place where we could sell, buy or trade tools. If you have tools in your workshop that you do not use anymore. You could post them for trade or sell for tools that you would like. You could also tell us how you made a new stock with a curtain tool or rebiult your wifes car with a curtain tool. We would call this fourm simply ( TOOLS )[/b] If you would like to see this type fourm vote yes if not vote no. It is that simple. I am looking forward to your yes vote. Thanks Dale.
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline joshco84

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: How would you like a fourm about tools ?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 05:25:09 PM »
i am a mechanic, and also besides that a tool nut.  I am very lucky that i have quite a few tools, and that if i dont have it there is a 99% chance that my dad does (he tought me how to work hard, not how to make money!!!)  And even better than that, my mom works at a place that can find any tool a guy could ever need, and i do mean ever need.  So i would offer to co-moderate, not so much on the moderation side, but more of the finding and procurring (SP?) tools side.  maybe like kind of a sticky sidekick????  that way in case anybody needs something, we could always find it.  Also, i enjoy working on things and helping people work on things so i would even almost let my tools be borrowed (im a sucker i guess!!)

josh
Smells like country, Tastes like rock and roll...... Want to find out more??? www.crosscanadianragweed.com  The all time greatest band ever.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 06:16:40 PM »
 I just think that there is un tapped knoledge here about tools that we could learn from.
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline goodwrench6710

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 04:59:37 AM »
I'm for it Dale, good luck. Like I said last night, alot of bad tools with good names & high prices for poor quality.

Offline winfan

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 07:21:39 PM »
Good idea.   I'll cast a vote for that, and I will post on it if it gets started.

Mike

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 05:48:28 AM »
Thanks guys looks like we have the 12 votes needed to start this new fourm. ;D

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 10:12:18 AM »
You people are BOUND and DETERMINED to see us reach 200 Forums aren't you?  :o I assume you're wanting to Moderate it Dale? Gotta see it in writing before I open a new one.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 05:25:48 PM »
Graybeard. I would be happy to moderate this new fourm. I think it will be a good addition to GBO. Thanks Dale.