Author Topic: Do we need a third party in politics?  (Read 199 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Do we need a third party in politics?
« on: March 08, 2024, 09:09:51 AM »
I personally believe third party candidates for office (Esp. at the Federal level) only serve to move a close election in one direction or the other. Often one that is not in alignment with the Constitution.

There are  54 third parties in the U.S. Two major third parties in the US with SOME clout, are.... The Libertarian, and the Green party. The Libertarians leaning more to the R side, and the Greens the D side.

As a Conservative Republican, I tend to lean more to the Libertarian platform. But there are so many beliefs in the Libertarian party, I could never be a part of.
Example.... Immigration. Libertarians believe that if someone is peaceful, they should be welcome to immigrate to the United States.
Libertarians believe that people should be able to travel freely as long as they are peaceful. We welcome immigrants who come seeking a better life. The vast majority of immigrants are very peaceful and highly productive.

Indeed, the United States is a country of immigrants, of all backgrounds and walks of life…some families have just been here for more generations than others. Newcomers bring great vitality to our society.

A truly free market requires the free movement of people, not just products and ideas.

Whether they are from India or Mexico, whether they have advanced degrees or very little education, immigrants have one great thing in common: they bravely left their familiar surroundings in search of a better life. Many are fleeing extreme poverty and violence and are searching for a free and safe place to try to build their lives. We respect and admire their courage and are proud that they see the United States as a place of freedom, stability, and prosperity.

Of course, if someone has a record of violence, credible plans for violence, or acts violently, then Libertarians support blocking their entry, deporting, and/or prosecuting and imprisoning them, depending on the offense.

Libertarians do not support classifying undocumented immigrants as criminals. Our current immigration system is an embarrassment. People who would like to follow the legal procedures are unable to because these procedures are so complex and expensive and lengthy. If Americans want immigrants to enter through legal channels, we need to make those channels fair, reasonable, and accessible.

I could never vote for someone who feels this way. There is NO way we can remain a Sovereign nation and do this.

The list of differences I have with the Green party are too many to talk about. "They are Brainwashed idiots, or just plain evil"

Why would I vote for a person running as a third party candidate in a general election against a Conservative candidate? Even if I held more in common with them than the conservative candidate, I would be throwing my ballot in the round file (Trash) Thus, one less vote against the Demon Party. As a speck in the picture of importance in the party I belong to, all I have is one small vote to contribute. I'm not going to throw it away.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Do we need a third party in politics?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 10:16:19 AM »
A third party candidate is what got Clinton elected twice...
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline geosmin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 11:33:52 AM »

Trump was neither Democrat or Republican.

He was the first, third-party candidate to be elected to the presidency.

And that's what he still is today - a third-party candidate.

Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 12:20:57 PM »

Trump was neither Democrat or Republican.

He was the first, third-party candidate to be elected to the presidency.

And that's what he still is today - a third-party candidate.

Trump is a Republican..........A Nationalist Republican. Nation first! Most Republicans in DC today are Republican Globalists.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 02:36:45 PM »
Gonna have to get someone in
the chair that's not so soft hearted
and definitely not soft headed.
The nation's citizens that paid the
freight need to come first, and the
others need to step to the rear and
wait until the deserving are completely
taken care of

I keep hoping to see those that try to
ride the fence get knocked off before
I go away, but I don't know if that will
happen
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 10:15:33 PM »
i agree nw_hunter. in a perfect world with honest politicians it would be a good thing. but with politics today theyd be for sale to the highest bidder and a month before election back out and send all their supporters to whoever kissed their but and padded their wallets the best
blue lives matter