Author Topic: Ordering barrels  (Read 726 times)

Offline Bulldog

• Trade Count: (0)
Ordering barrels
« on: March 28, 2004, 11:36:35 AM »
I read on the H&R website that you have to send your receiver or they will not sell you a barrel.  I talked to someone the other day that said he didn't send it to them and they shipped his barrels to him.  He said he had bought three barrels this way and all of them fit perfect. Has anyone  been allowed to  purchased barrels this way? Did you have any problems.
About how much does it cost to ship your receiver and stock to them.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Ordering barrels
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 11:47:54 AM »
I have never heard of H&R shipping barrels without having fit the receiver to the barrel.  It states that they will not do that on their website and I guess I take them for their word.  Is is possible that this guy is full of you know what?

If I remember correctly it cost me about $10 or a little more to send my receiver, stock and forearm to H&R for a barrel fitting.  I would recommend insuring the shipment too...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Ordering barrels
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 12:23:51 PM »
you have to SEND IT IN!!!!!!! now i cant say about other companys that sell single shot rifles, but NEF makes you send it in for barrels. i know TC and mossberg used to sell barrel w/o fitting them, but you have to have these fitted for it to be a safe firearm to use. i own 8 NEF/H&R guns, and a couple will swap over and fit right, the others do not fit right. i dont know who told you that you can buy them w/o having them fitted, but they are WRONG.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!