Author Topic: It's the tough guy  (Read 264 times)

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
It's the tough guy
« on: April 07, 2024, 05:28:26 AM »
Quoting Douglas Preston from his study of Bones, Burials, and Murder: The Lost Tomb pg.100
"It's the history of humankind: the tough guy gets the ground."

It's my observation that we ain't the tough guys any more, hence we ain't going to end up with the ground.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: It's the tough guy
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 11:58:05 AM »
 Afraid your right, for the time being. Every time you see the news, a person doing the right thing, is being hauled off to jail. Movie called The Bugs life comes to mind. The people in control are actually, very few. They claim that only 3% of the people in 1775-1776 wanted a war with Britain. It was more than that, but don't know the exact number. Not sure when, but I believe, you'll see more people standing up for what's right. With the amount of people in this country now, it wouldn't take 3%.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 12:44:09 AM »
yup we fight russia or china and whos going to win? an army of people afraid not to fight or a country that everyone is afraid to fight.
blue lives matter
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 03:36:36 AM »
The other thing that removes any advantage we might have once had is that he who has nothing to lose has the advantage. We ALL have a lot to lose no matter how little we think we have. Others would give anything to have what you and I have. It gives them the advantage.