Author Topic: Pubs and coffee shops..  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
Re: Pubs and coffee shops..
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2024, 07:41:03 AM »
 Down here seems Dunkin Donuts are popping up everywhere they are mini or drive through

I like only my own at home
I can’t stand when the wife goes to Starbucks and gets robbed for $8.57 for a cup of crapola

IG I wish your Family all the best
 I truly hope it’s a HUGE success
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2024, 08:25:05 AM »
The new drive-up ones are popping up all over.

I bought the other half a new Black & Decker Coffee Pot for Christmas at J.C. Penneys, well it worked kind of sort of.
I made a lot of noise and if you put in 8 cups of water you would get 4 cups of coffee unless you dickered around turing it off and on and off and on.
I gave HOT coffee but always acted like it was on the last few ounces of water, darn near from the get-go.

She suggested getting a new one but I decided to see if she had not got coffee grounds in the tubes and blocked them as she had done with the old one more than once.
Taking it apart should be easy -- a few screws and pop the bottom off BUT with crap coming from any where but the U.S., the one screw was a standard Phillips type, the other two. :o :o had a slot with a hump in the middle, so unless you have a small engine set of special screw drivers, you have a problem.

Now I have such a set but the Lord only knows where I put it, so I jammed a small flat blade in and managed to get the two bastard screws out.
Now the tubes were free of crap; I pulled both off any way and adjusted how they set so they did not pinch, but the one with a one-way valve I moved the vavle farther in so it prevented a pinch.
Put it back together and it is a LOT quieter, and for most of the brewing process sounds normal but it is still a lot lounder and quicker than the old one.
Finding dedicated coffee pot cleaner is getting to be oddly difficult, places that used to have it, A: do not seem to know what it is any more; B: say just use vinegar.

Vinegar works, but not as well as the dedicated stuff as I found out seven or eight years ago.
Unless you have HIGH percentage acid white vinegar, the acids in the dedicated stuff are different and lot stronger.
Bought two bottles and will run one through eventually as we have very high calcium in out water here, and I do not always have distilled water on hand.
 8)

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2024, 02:30:39 PM »
 Been using the same Mr. Coffee maker for, about 15-17 years. Has an on-off switch, and that's it. Get it set up before I go to bed, get up in the morning, flip the switch, and bingo, a few minute's later, a pot of coffee. Just checked, can get the same model for $25 at most stores. Don't need a programmable one, I figure the more complicated it is, the faster something goes wrong. Might just buy one and leave it in the box, just incase this one wears out.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2024, 03:03:21 PM »
Been using the same Mr. Coffee maker for, about 15-17 years. Has an on-off switch, and that's it. Get it set up before I go to bed, get up in the morning, flip the switch, and bingo, a few minute's later, a pot of coffee. Just checked, can get the same model for $25 at most stores. Don't need a programmable one, I figure the more complicated it is, the faster something goes wrong. Might just buy one and leave it in the box, just incase this one wears out.
  Thats a long time for a Mr.Coffee  to last ,Think I've  been thru   a half dozen in that span .

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2024, 03:14:22 PM »
That does it, me and the kids are going to breakfast.

Daughter had chicken tenders and fries, son had bacon cheeseburger and fries and I had philly cheese steak and fries for $50. Could have made a better meal myself and will do so in the future :(
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2024, 01:46:54 AM »
That does it, me and the kids are going to breakfast.

Daughter had chicken tenders and fries, son had bacon cheeseburger and fries and I had philly cheese steak and fries for $50. Could have made a better meal myself and will do so in the future :(

Yep you could have and saved 25 or more  ;D

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2024, 02:40:39 AM »
Down here seems Dunkin Donuts are popping up everywhere they are mini or drive through

I like only my own at home
I can’t stand when the wife goes to Starbucks and gets robbed for $8.57 for a cup of crapola

IG I wish your Family all the best
 I truly hope it’s a HUGE success

Thanks, Tommy...  Yes the drive through type are popping up all over..and some of them serve a good cup of coffee.  My brother's grand daughter in law, started one in a town in another county, working with her experience in Alaska.
    She had a good thing going, but she is trying to run it with all hired help, not serving the window herself.  I think thgat is a heavy burden to load on a new, small business...  Most start-up businesses, require long working hours by the originator...but we'll see.

So far as chains..we have Dunkin's and Tim Horton's around here.  If you get by a Tim Hortons, try them. I think you will find them much better
   than the Dunkins.

So far as "sit down" coffee shops, I personally believe that 'atmosphere', makes a big difference....and much of that atmosphere is provided by the
   clientele.... guided by the management.

My grandson's shop is noted as 'Christ centered'  and the band he had on opening, was an "old time" country band.. They may come back
     occasionally...

The TV in the shop is usually set on... One America News, or... Real America's Voice....another encourager..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Like Like x 1 View List

Online gypsyman

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2024, 04:25:58 AM »
  Thats a long time for a Mr.Coffee  to last ,Think I've  been thru   a half dozen in that span .
Probably thru the box away, I think it had Joe DiMaggio's picture and autograph he signed when I bought it!! ;D ;D
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2024, 02:52:49 AM »
Just about time for another cup
of coffee. Been pouring for several
hours, and there's nothing worse
(to me) than this dreary cold wet
mess. My only weapon is a hot
cup of coffee or hot chocolate,
and I don't have any chocolate.
I think I probably have 10 or so
containers of coffee in the closet
besides the open one I'm working
on now,  so the coffee wins out

( and the thunder and lightning.
Lots of thunder and lightning now)
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2024, 04:35:41 PM »
To late at night now but hot coffee or chocolate sounds extremely appealing.

Here are two products I have used to spice up my coffee or hot chocolate in the past.
They spice one's beverage up a bit on a dreary night.

'

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2024, 05:16:21 AM »
Working on a cup now
Had to make a trek of about
3 miles + - and the fog was
thick thick thick. Man you talk
about creaky joints and burning

Something about some good
black coffee helps deal with it
for whatever reason, whether it's
mental or physical or both, who
knows. It helps
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2024, 10:29:33 AM »
  A comical sign in the last Drop coffee shop..  " EDUCATION IS IMPORTANT, COFFEE IS IMPORTANTER "  ;) ;D

Still getting the mood and desires of the clientele.  Along with the stalwart coffee, frozen chai frappe seems to be going over well..

Setting up a punch card system..X numbers of coffees purchased...and they get a free coffee.  It will be called.."Last Drop perks" !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)