Author Topic: Trumps pick for VP  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Trumps pick for VP
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2024, 10:23:15 AM »
“Although trump could choose a monkey, and I'm still voting for him”

:)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Speaker Johnson Sounds Alarm on 'Noncitizen Voting'
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2024, 11:51:45 AM »
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/mike-johnson-save-act-noncitizen-voting/2024/06/27/id/1170425/

By Fran Beyer    |   Thursday, 27 June 2024 02:21 PM EDT

House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., on Thursday released a 21-page report on the threat of foreign interference in U.S. elections posed by "noncitizen voting" and urged passage of the SAVE Act.

"Congress must pass the SAVE Act to close the loopholes that allows noncitizen registration and, in turn, voting; to enhance election security; minimize the risk of foreign interference; and restore Americans’ confidence in U.S. elections," the report's executive summary read.

The report noted that prior evidence of noncitizen voting in federal elections "draws attention to loopholes in state and federal law" that lets the practice continue — and offers "a federal solution to this problem."

"Our report highlights the ease with which illegal aliens can register and vote in U.S. elections, including in every single battleground state," the summary read. "If Congressional Democrats are serious about removing the threat of foreign interference in our elections, they will join us in supporting the SAVE Act."

According to the report: "Democrats ignore the real threat of foreign election interference posed when noncitizens are allowed to register and vote in U.S. elections. ... Lax voter registration laws make it possible for noncitizens to register and vote in federal elections while campaign finance loopholes allow non-citizens to fund U.S. election activities — both of which can affect the outcome of our elections."

Evidence backing the charge of noncitizen registration includes, according to the Johnson report, a 2014 study analyzing the 2008 and 2010 elections that found not only had noncitizens illegally voted in U.S. elections "but that the votes of noncitizens likely determined the outcome in certain races."

In states like Massachusetts, Ohio, and Virginia, noncitizens have recently been removed from the voting rolls "and many of those noncitizens had voted," the report claimed.

The Safeguard American Voter Eligibility Act requires an individual to provide proof of citizenship when registering to vote in federal elections — and would give states access to existing federal databases so they can remove noncitizens from the rolls, the summary stated.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2024, 02:20:10 PM »
Only thing I have to say is who ever Trump picks, black, white, woman, who ever gets My vote. If a person can't go with Trump over his pick they are just plain racist or want Biden to win!

Offline JBinMN

• Avid Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2024, 06:59:27 PM »

Here is more info on illegals voting.
Article from wnd.com, “Directive sent to all 50 states on preventing illegals from voting” in the U.S. news section. If someone could post this please...

https://www.wnd.com/2024/06/directive-sent-50-states-preventing-illegals-voting/

From that article linked above:
    The Supreme Court of the United States previously held that because the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) requires that States must “accept and use” the EAC form–which does not require documentary proof of citizenship–then “the NVRA forbids States to demand that an applicant submit additional information beyond that required by the Federal Form.”

The result is that, under current law as interpreted by the Supreme Court, anyone can register to vote using the EAC Federal Form without providing documentary proof of citizenship.

This outrageous state of affairs, which is completely contrary to common sense and the practices of other countries across the world, has led to numerous bills being introduced to correct the situation at the point of voter registration—such as the SAVE Act. Such bills are essential to protect the integrity of our elections. This plan provides something that States can do NOW until legislation like the SAVE Act becomes law.

Further, aside from the weaknesses in the EAC Federal Form, there are gaps and loopholes in the voter registration process in States that do not (or did not in the past, particularly prior to the requirements of the REAL ID Act of 2005 related to driver’s licenses) require documented proof of citizenship.

Even DHS’s Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) program, which many states use in various ways to determine eligibility for access to benefits for aliens in the United States, has critical flaws that make it unworkable for most States and localities to use to verify a voter registrant’s citizenship status.

Most notably, SAVE requires users to submit an Alien Registration Number or some other DHS identifier to run queries through the system–something that States and localities do not have when registering someone to vote.

Accordingly, under the status quo, States and localities have generally been unable to ensure that aliens are not registered to vote and that they ultimately do not vote in federal elections.

More info regarding this issue is at the link.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2024, 02:40:13 AM »
Only thing I have to say is who ever Trump picks, black, white, woman, who ever gets My vote. If a person can't go with Trump over his pick they are just plain racist or want Biden to win!

Nope you are wrong, at least as regards my comments. Trump will take Alabama in a landslide, so whether I vote for him or don't will have no impact on him getting all of our electors.

My vote or lack thereof is meaningful only to me.

So long as he selects someone I feel good about being ready and able to step in if Trump for some reason not able to be President and to be able to take over and service as President for 8 years after Trump leaves office I'll support him.

In fact I'm holding my next donation until I see who he picks. I'll make the donation as soon as I hear the name of his VP candidate so long as I'm comfortable with that person. If I'm not comfortable, then no donation and no vote for him.

I do not blinding support anyone from any party. I must believe in what they stand for and are doing to support them. I donated $104.10 to Trump as soon as he was convicted. I won't give again until I hear who he picks as VP, that pick will determine if I supportr him further with donations and/or my vote.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Goldie

• A Real Regular
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2024, 03:31:56 AM »
Only thing I can add is I hope if he does pick Scott or any of color or a woman that everyone who thinks like you will still vote and not sit home and let happen the last election. I gave a lot of my time to uncle Sam and believe it's everyones responsibility to vote. Enough said from me.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2024, 09:47:14 AM »
Thanks JB and Bill for the links to illegals voting aided by bidens “destruction of America tour”