Author Topic: Drunken fireworks  (Read 647 times)

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Drunken fireworks
« on: July 07, 2024, 04:34:50 AM »
For whatever reason, there
hasn't been a fraction of the
usual fireworks and gunshots
in the air this Independence Day
like there always is.
Don't know if the heat had anything
to do with it or not.
Still the usual murders were happening.
Several family members and a couple
of children were killed in Ft Worth, but
most of the details aren't available
because an armed bystander supposedly
allegedly killed the shooter.
I got a message earlier that some
wise man somewhere was made
more wise by his intoxicant intake,
and lit a "large firework" and placed
it on his head to show off and blew
a goodly portion of his head apart.
Fatally needless to say
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Drunken fireworks
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 07:47:43 AM »
there sure were around here. started on the 3rd andthey were still doing it last night. ignorant tourist dont care if the locals are kept up till midnight and the police wont do a thing because of the money they bring in.
blue lives matter

Online Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024, 08:20:59 AM »
there sure were around here. started on the 3rd andthey were still doing it last night. ignorant tourist dont care if the locals are kept up till midnight and the police wont do a thing because of the money they bring in.

But, they're all Americans, Lloyd.    ;D
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2024, 08:52:51 AM »
Well, it was sure noisy around my neck-of-the-woods on the fourth.. All those folks that claim to have no money every other day of the year, and I'd guessstimate that about $5-6000 went up in smoke and sparks on Thursday evening.  Supposed to end at 10pm, but carried well onto 11:30.
Very tempted to make a comment or two on the neighborhood's Fecebook page.

Roger

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2024, 04:15:31 PM »
It was a fair bit quieter this year, in Mid-Minnesota.
Rain threat may have been part of it.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2024, 11:19:04 PM »
come here in the summer and take a ride to town and your about sure to see a women or two with there face covered from the AMERICAN bunch down in deerborn. this used to be a nice quiet town. now its over run by tourists and people from the south buying up property to escape the heat down south. a hell of alot more of them than there are people around here heading south in the winter

blue lives matter

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2024, 01:44:54 AM »
Not too sure if this shouldn't be in a Darwin Awards thread, but........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS6YKfKb0AI

Roger

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2024, 02:43:21 AM »
 Plenty of extraneous fireworks about...before and after the big night.  We have 3 brothers..who I taught in Sunday School wjen they were teenagers..
   who own a small "automotive empire'..who set off a big show on the evening of 3rd July each year, there on lakeshore.

That's more than I need...since as many vets, I 've seen enough fireworks to last me.  ;) ;D

My former Marine grandson Josh, who served in Iraq during the "surge" doesn't really care for fireworks either..  We were at a family celebration which
    included fireworks.

Inquipped to him..."at least when these go off, we don't have to brace for the concussion.." 

To which he replied.. "And we don't have to dodge flying masonry, vehicle and people parts either..... ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2024, 08:01:28 AM »
Lloyd there are 360 some days of he year when it is not Independence Day be celebrated.
Don't be a party killer for such a short time.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2024, 11:17:58 PM »
Not too sure if this shouldn't be in a Darwin Awards thread, but........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS6YKfKb0AI

Roger

"Hold my beer" !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2024, 05:18:43 AM »
let them do what they want on the 4th but starting 2 days early and they were still at it last night. sorry but theyre inconsiderate assholes. go home and light them off in their neighborhood and see how long it is before its stopped
Lloyd there are 360 some days of he year when it is not Independence Day be celebrated.
Don't be a party killer for such a short time.
blue lives matter

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2024, 07:15:18 AM »
Well Lloyd, here there are a few starting usually on the 2nd, and a few, and I mean a few as late as the 6th.
They have never bothered me, except I wish I was the one shooting them off.
It is rare that any go off past 11:30, very rare.

Of coure I spend most of my time approx. 3 to 5 blocks from bars that have bands outside in the summer , till 12 A.M. every Fri. and Sat. some time earlier.
Wuhan Virus paranoia is to thank for that.
I have to admit I do enjoy quiet evenings some times, but even when I was camping in the mountains/hills where a sime-truck Jake Breaking 10 miles away can be hear, that never bothered me in the least.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2024, 11:07:51 AM »
None of it bothers me that much.
More like the thought of these people
catching something afire because
they're dang sure not gonna call 911.
What can they say?
Hola senora 911
The house 2 doors down it is burning
from the fireworks we were chooting
in de aire. Only we are mucho deezy
from the much cervesa and the mary
wanna that we've all had, and the
rockets, they go crooked, no straight.
Yes. Yes. My name is Felipe lopez-barajas.
No. No. I don't no have a dribers ly sense.
I am not a citizen of estada unidos.
No. No. I cannot come to the station with
the officer. I have many guests here still,
and I must be at my job tomorrow.
Ok. Never mind

What gets me most of all is the knowledge
that most of these houses are section 8's,
and my tax money is paying for room and
board and food, and everybody has a
newer nicer vehicle and they still have
money to blow on these expensive fireworks.
Those big house shakers they pop off are
very expensive. The money came from
somewhere, and the beer store doesn't
take EBT either
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2024, 02:05:36 AM »

"Hola senora 911
The house 2 doors down it is burning
from the fireworks we were chooting
in de aire. Only we are mucho deezy
from the much cervesa and the mary
wanna that we've all had, and the
rockets, they go crooked, no straight.
Yes. Yes. My name is Felipe lopez-barajas.
No. No. I don't no have a dribers ly sense.
I am not a citizen of estada unidos.
No. No. I cannot come to the station with
the officer. I have many guests here still,
and I must be at my job tomorrow.
Ok. Never mind"

LOL.. :D  ;D.. Now ^^^THAT^^^ IS funny..  Thanks for a humorus moment !

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2024, 06:18:00 PM »

I got a message earlier that some
wise man somewhere was made
more wise by his intoxicant intake,
and lit a "large firework" and placed
it on his head to show off and blew
a goodly portion of his head apart.
Fatally needless to say
I read a new report of the incident on the Microsoft news headline page.

His wife said he loved the 4th of July, and was dressed as Uncle Sam during a celebration
They did not give details but it said he lit the firework attached to his Uncle Sam Tophat and died from the concussion instantly.

I am guessing the fool had a mortar unit of some sort on his hat.
Any one who shoots fireworks would know they generate a huge amount of force downward when they fire.
I put one once on dirt that was not packed hard and the wooden base left a two-inch depression in the dirt.
Never shot one on any thing not packed hard again.

If he just had a Cherry Bomb, complete moron if he did, the pressure wave from that, that close to ones head would be enough to kill.

Online Casull

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2024, 08:44:16 AM »
come here in the summer and take a ride to town and your about sure to see a women or two with there face covered from the AMERICAN bunch down in deerborn. this used to be a nice quiet town. now its over run by tourists and people from the south buying up property to escape the heat down south. a hell of alot more of them than there are people around here heading south in the winter

Probably because there aren't that many people living up there in the barren north.   ;)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2024, 01:11:34 PM »
  " come here in the summer and take a ride to town and your about sure to see a women or two with there face covered from the AMERICAN bunch down in deerborn. this used to be a nice quiet town. now its over run by tourists and people from the south buying up property to escape the heat down south. a hell of alot more of them than there are people around here heading south in the winter".

I l;ook at it a bit different..During summer, right where I live,cannoit be beat..the hills, the green freshness and so many places where one can enjoy nature far away from anyone..

However, in the dead of the winter...I can honestly yearn for the home I once enjoyed in the south.  I goyt along well withb the folks there (Texas),
  keeping in mind..slow my rapid fire speaking a bit...and never trying to tell the locals how to do things...things they have learned and prospered
    doing, over many decades.

I simply enjoy the best of both...and can respect both..

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2024, 02:20:20 AM »
sometimes wish it was ugly or barren. used to be a paradise till a few locals figured they could get rich off of tourism. now ride through town in the summer and you see twice as mant out of state plates than michigan plates. 

Probably because there aren't that many people living up there in the barren north.   ;)
blue lives matter

Online Casull

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2024, 08:49:44 AM »
Never said it was ugly.   ;)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2024, 08:56:09 AM »
I yearn for the days when travel trailers or , back then, camping vans, were an odd thing; people who went camping had used tents.
The pop-up camping tent-trailers were alway interesting, but my dad always said : You are still pulling a trailer and gas mileage goes to pot while you are limited in by having a trailer behind you.

Now I drive by a place called Camping World and they have millions of dollars of motorhomes in the selling lot.
40 years ago they actually had not only pop-up tent trailer but still ACTUALLY had some tents and tenting items -- Such barbarians.