Author Topic: A snippet of history...the forgotten war..  (Read 54 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
A snippet of history...the forgotten war..
« on: July 18, 2024, 01:13:57 PM »
  The Koren war 1950-1953 is often called "the forgotten war", an dseems to hve erned the title, since much coverge is given WW2 and the Vietnam
  war, even though there were about 36,00 smericn casualties during that fight..and who cn forget the stories of the "frozen chosin"....or perhaps the oft quoipped term..the "Frozen Chosen"..

..But for now, I would like to refresh memories of another forgotten war, namely the Falklands War..  Maggie Thatcher was prime minister in the UK at the time..when the Argentinian leder decided he may just try to snatch the Falklands away from the UK..  It didn't work..Maggie Thatcher didn't get her  nickname of "The Iron Lady" for no reason.

In that wr the Argentine Navy lost 2 ships, to include their navy's flagship, the General Belgrano..while the British Navy lost 3 ships...I believe of the destroyer class.  At least one British ship was lost to an Exocet class missile.  Parts of the British ships being made of aluminum, didn't help much..

Here's 4 minute video.. there are longer videos of much deeper information available..   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aEYkZjTBag
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)