Author Topic: All eyes on Israel, please..  (Read 404 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
All eyes on Israel, please..
« on: July 29, 2024, 11:18:45 AM »
   Christians; keep your eyes on Israel, watch for the signs..  They will likely come by way of the archaeologists spade & brush.

Many have come to light recently..and more exciting ones, I believe will start to turn up...

https://armstronginstitute.org/980-top-10-biblical-archaeology-discoveries-of-2023

https://www.jns.org/topic/archaeology/?utm_term=biblical%20archaeology&utm_campaign=archaeology&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=4920852809&hsa_cam=1204
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: All eyes on Israel, please..
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2024, 12:05:52 PM »
For signs of what exactly?
If you're saying signs of the return
of Christ,  it's wrong.
People have been trying to predict the
second coming for centuries, and they've
always been wrong.
There's no hidden Bible code, and you
can't buy a "decoding " book from the
sham preachers.
However,  every person on the planet
will know His exact moment of return.
Every person should live their life as
if Christ is coming in 10 minutes, but
not trying to predict it.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline locust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2024, 07:59:40 PM »
is he coming with the clouds ?

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2024, 09:19:06 AM »

It's possible.
Might be dark and cloudy or blazing
hot and sunny. Might be pouring rain
with thunder and lightning, or snowing
where it never snows.
No person on earth knows when
Christ will return, although many have
always tried to interpret and predict it
for some reason
He'll come when it's time and not
one second before
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2024, 02:28:23 AM »
For signs of what exactly?
If you're saying signs of the return
of Christ,  it's wrong. I'm not making any predictions..can't do that
People have been trying to predict the
second coming for centuries, and they've
always been wrong. Sure they have..a recent one being Harold Camping for instance
There's no hidden Bible code, and you
can't buy a "decoding " book from the
sham preachers. No code..it is all written out in plain words...never heard of any kind of a "code book"..
However,  every person on the planet
will know His exact moment of return.
Every person should live their life as
if Christ is coming in 10 minutes, but
not trying to predict it.  Good advice...

Yes, some are quick to follow any false teacher who comes along with "new, private information"...just as there are those who go off chart, whenever anyone mentions and form of "the signs of the times"...

We must keep this in mind.. "knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation"  (2Peter 1:20)

However Jesus did mention some 'signs'..but of course, did not tie down any specific date in time as we know it..

" Then as He went out of the temple, one of His disciples said to Him, “Teacher, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!”

2 And Jesus answered and said to him, “Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone shall be left upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age
3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John, and Andrew asked Him privately, 4 “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign when all these things will be fulfilled?”

5 And Jesus, answering them, began to say: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 6 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and will deceive many. 7 But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for such things must happen, but the end is not yet. 8 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines [a]and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows.
   (Mark 13:1-8)

Admittedly seemingly nebulous to us, but still a prediction   In (Matt 16:1-4) he scolds trhe pharisees,because they canot "read the signs of the times"..
   " Then the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and testing Him asked that He would show them a sign from heaven. 2 He answered and said to them, “When it is evening you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red’; 3 and in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times. 4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it  the sign of the prophet Jonah.” And He left them and departed."

Or, hjow about... (Matt 24:37-39)
   "37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be"

No, none of these points to a specific Hour or day..  "36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of [a]heaven, but My Father only."   (Matt 24:36).... merely..signs of the times..

Personally... and this is a PERSONAL VIEW only... I suspect that as the time for His return draws nearer, He may reveal some of the things atheists
   criticize in the Bible, to be true..despite their "reasonings"..

Why should He do this?  ...Because God is not willing that any should perish.. (2 Peter 3:9)

Thus, I have long suspected that great, undeniable proofs may be turned up as that time draws nearer.  I subscribe to Biblical Archaeology Review..and try to keep abreast of happenings in archaeology...one source of finding undeniable truths.

In recent years the City of David has been located and verified, along with proofs of King Davids and Pontius Pilate's existence...shutting down some old arguments, a very plausible site for Sodom and Gomorrah has been unearthed... satisfying enough to place it on Google map 

https://www.google.com/maps/@31.840874,35.6721258,16.25z?authuser=0&entry=ttu

No, I don't ascribe any hiur or day..but I will not play pharisee..and remain blind to the seasons.. In the parable of the ten bridesmaids..He told us
   to ... have our lamps trimmed and ready.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2024, 12:59:39 PM »

It's possible.
Might be dark and cloudy or blazing
hot and sunny. Might be pouring rain
with thunder and lightning, or snowing
where it never snows.
No person on earth knows when
Christ will return, although many have
always tried to interpret and predict it
for some reason
He'll come when it's time and not
one second before
you may of noticed its  hard to see through clouds  .clouds can hid things . meaning Jesus' return would be hidden . not seeing him, but because of the things seen happing would know he has returned 

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2024, 03:36:01 AM »
The archeology proves the Jews (Israelites) were there first before the Palestinians, who say this is their land and the Zionists took it from them in the 1940's.  It was Jewish land first, long before they were taken out by the Romans in AD 70.  They have just returned to their ancestral homeland after being scattered over the old Roman empire and beyond. 
Opelika Portal

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2024, 04:22:29 AM »
The archeology proves the Jews (Israelites) were there first before the Palestinians, who say this is their land and the Zionists took it from them in the 1940's.  It was Jewish land first, long before they were taken out by the Romans in AD 70.  They have just returned to their ancestral homeland after being scattered over the old Roman empire and beyond.

There is a common misconception that ALL Jews were removed from the land, when Assyria, Babylon and then Rome, removed many of the
    Jews from their homelend.
    Actually, many were removed from the larger cities which included the more influential people.  However, many less important people, including
    a large portion of those dwelling in the less populous areas, still remained in place...and carried on life as usual..

https://www.ajc.org/news/5-facts-about-the-jewish-peoples-ancestral-connection-to-the-land-of-israel#:~:text=While%20the%20Romans%20expelled%20the,and%20became%20the%20J

BTW; here is the deed and title, that God gave to Abraham..

On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram and said, "To your descendants I give this land, from the Wadi of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates – the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites." – Genesis 15:18–21.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2024, 05:39:35 PM »
Matthew 23:38–39 — New Living Translation (NLT)
38 And now, look, your house is abandoned and desolate. 39 For I tell you this, you will never see me again until you say, ‘Blessings on the one who comes in the name of the Lord!’”
 i don't see him saying it was going to happen . he was using a hyperbole .  the only way any of Israeli could be saved is if they recognize Jesus is the Christ