Author Topic: Stellantis Recalls 1.5M Ram Trucks to Fix Software Bug  (Read 200 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Stellantis Recalls 1.5M Ram Trucks to Fix Software Bug
« on: September 07, 2024, 11:23:46 AM »
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ram-pickup-software/2024/09/07/id/1179463/

Stellantis is recalling nearly 1.5 million Ram pickup trucks worldwide to fix a software problem that can disable the electronic stability control system.

The recall covers certain trucks from the 2019 and 2021 through 2024 model years, mostly in North America.

Stellantis said in a statement Saturday that the trucks may have anti-lock brake software that could inadvertently shut down the stability control, which manages the throttle and brakes to avoid skidding.

If that happens, the company said the brakes would still work. Stellantis said it's not aware of any crashes or injuries from the problem.

U.S. safety standards require electronic stability control to work during nearly all phases of driving, the company says.

Dealers will update software to fix the problem at no cost to owners, who will be notified by letters starting Oct. 3.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Stellantis Recalls 1.5M Ram Trucks to Fix Software Bug
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2024, 11:25:02 PM »
sold my ram this spring and went back to chev because ram is catering to the greenies and is discontinuing v8 1/2 ton trucks. sorry but to me thats the only motor that belongs in them. comical thing is from all reports the turbo 6 gets worse fuel economy than the hemi. i averaged 17 on most tanks with my hemi and 19 on the highway at 65 which is the only thing i didnt like about it. the turbo 6 is getting 15-16 in tests. my new silverado will average 19 on a tank and on a highway trip running 65 will get 21-22. Im sure not a ford fan but their turbo 6 puts out more hp and gets even better fuel economy than my chev. ram and stealis (spelling) as a hole has become the most woke car manufacturer of them all and mark these words. they will be gone completely in 5 years. they ditched there v8s even in the charger for 6s and electrics and as of now arent making challengers anymore. buyin an AMERICAN muscle car with a sick sounding 6 or worse yet a singer sewing machine motor is blasphemy. even more so than doing it to a truck!!
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2024, 03:38:36 AM »
  I sauppose all are having their recalls..  My family is deep into the new Bronco and Maverick lines..and it seems they have one recall or another to
   often deal with..  Usually not major..and no cost under warrantee.  ..But after warrantee, who knows?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2024, 06:06:36 AM »
read somewhere that the recalled vehicle of all time is the toyota corola
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2024, 10:29:10 AM »
Bad info there Lloyd. I hope this chart works but if not I'll give a link to the page:

https://www.craftlawfirm.com/news/nhtsa-vehicle-recall-data/

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2024, 04:42:54 PM »
Most of the recalls i saw working at a
dealer the last 10-15 years had to do
with electronics of luxury features that
affected vital performance circuits
because climate controlled seats
malfunctioned, or an electronic
navigation or communication feature
was intermittently trying to puke.
Modern manufacturers don't extensively
test accessories and features like
they used to before releasing to the
consumer. They depend on feedback
from the dealership after the customer
is po'ed after being stranded 10 hours
away from home etc.
That way the dealership personnel
get THEIR ears full of angry
profanity instead of the corporate
exec's
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2024, 10:10:48 PM »
i was refering to the most recalled model not manufacturer. this was a few years back so it could have changed and when the evs come in force watch them all climb. your list isnt really fair because together chev and ford sell more vehicles in this country than probably the rest combine
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2024, 02:48:39 AM »
i was refering to the most recalled model not manufacturer. this was a few years back so it could have changed and when the evs come in force watch them all climb. your list isnt really fair because together chev and ford sell more vehicles in this country than probably the rest combine

You have a point, Lloyd...and as I have long suspected, if you look at such figures as amount of recalls, as opposed to the numbers sold here,
    fancies  like Mercedes and BMW don't come off so hot..   ..And I think we all know that trying to use a Ferrari o rLamborgini for regular, daily
  transportation, would be a disaster, even if we could afford it !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2024, 03:49:36 AM »
Life is not fair Lloyd, I tried several times to get it to give me results by vehicle model not manufacturer and every time it came back same stuff by make not by model.

In all of my years of owning Toyotas I think I've seen one small recall on a corolla car. I don't like the little things but all I've read on them they are great if ya want a tiny car.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2024, 09:05:10 AM »
recalls and reliability are two totally different things. im not a toyota guy but they are reliable units
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2024, 09:20:48 AM »
I like Toyota trucks, their cars are too dang small. I've owned 3 Tundras including one of the first smaller size ones they started with. Mine was a 2004. I've also owned a Sequoia, an FJ Crusier also. No complaints on any of them and no repairs needed.

I let Matt have my 2011 with about 12,000 or so on it and it now prolly has 200,000 and he is still driving it with no real repairs needed.

The one I drive is a 2017 and has now rolled 24,000+. I'm not sure the exact number, I've not been in it since Matt borrowed it over the weekend for a trip. I don't think he drove it enough to roll 25,000 but that's the next round number that will roll over.

No repairs and only parts are filters, battery and wiper blades.

I did let Matt replace the headlights, backup lights and fog lamps with LED bulbs to brighten up my world at night. I rarely ever drive in the dark tho so haven't had them on that much. They sure are brighter than factory tho.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Drilling Man

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2024, 12:20:18 PM »
  Toyota announced they are REPLACING 100 thousand engines in their cars/trucks because they have spun main bearing problems.

Glad I'm not on that list!

Then there's those new Toyotas that when used off road in 4wd, they strip out the couplers between the trans and transfer case, I'll pass on owning that one too!

DM

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2024, 04:27:11 PM »
Found the first and it is true. Google did NOT find the second story.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2024, 10:47:16 PM »
they all eventually break. if its mechanical it breaks. add to that look at the fuel savings between a v8 or even v6 toyota compared to a ford or chev and 4mpg over 200k adds up to cost of a few repairs. bottom line is this isnt the 70s. all of them are reliable today. chev ls motors are proven 300k motors if taken care of. only high mile vehicle i own is my 06 gmc. its more of a toy than a work truck. it has a 110k on it and runs as good as new. i went through it when i bought it last year and did steering gear, shocks, wheel bearings, flushed the radiator and pt all new fluids front to rear, a new water pump and alternator for just in case. id hop in it today and drive it from one coast to the other with no worry.

keep in mind to when your looking at brand reliability that most toyotas are used like i use that truck. a good many chevs and fords are used like a truck. i live in big snow country and have most of my life and have yet to see a plow on a toyota or one being used by loggers, farmers ect. youll see a few carpenters or plumbers using one but even thats rare. i also live in a tourist town and see hundreds of campers being towed by half ton chevs, fords and rams that are being pushed into doing 3/4 ton work. rarely a toyota. you do see little toyota cars but like bill i have no use for a small car. that said i think suburu outsells them here. probably due to the fact there 4 wheel drive.
blue lives matter

Offline Drilling Man

• Trade Count: (0)