Author Topic: Great Idea For A Forum!  (Read 1838 times)

Offline 270Handiman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Great Idea For A Forum!
« on: December 22, 2004, 06:44:31 AM »
I am really glad to see this forum started.  With all the potential for deer hunting here in TX, this should be a great discussion.  Personally, I am new to this state, and I am looking for a deer lease for next season. Hope to hear from a lot of folks here.

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Offline DennisB

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Contributor
Welcome
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 07:22:45 AM »
270Handiman:  Welcome to the Lone Star State.  Hang in there and just keep looking for a decent lease.  (I'm on a place west of here in Stephens County and would offer you a spot on it but for two things:  We've gotten high-fenced in on the west and north so the bucks have been REALLY scarce this season, and our tenure on the pasture is touch and go each year due to the age of the owners--one funeral and I expect we'll be off the place.  

Nonetheless, again, Welcome!  And Merry Christmas.  How about that snow out there today?!
Dennis In Ft Worth

Offline 270Handiman

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
Great Idea For A Forum!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 11:46:35 AM »
Hey DennisB,

Good to hear from someone else here in the metroplex.  I work here in Euless, and yes, this freakin weather today has been worthless.  I kinda wish I were in a duckblind somewhere.

Stay in touch,

270Handiman

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
Welcome
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 03:32:22 AM »
welcome to Texas.  Where are you from?   Here is something that has helped me in the past to find leases.  Determine where in the state you want to hunt.  Then go online to the cities in that particular county, locate any Chamber of Commerce websites and do a search.  Here in Texas, hunting is a big boost to the economy of many small communities and they list leases and other hunting opportunities online often.

Also, get a copy of the Houston Chronicle (liberal rag) newspaper and check the hunting section where leases are listed.  My neighbor just picked up a good lease in Mason County that way.   Good luck.
markc

Offline 270Handiman

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
Great Idea For A Forum!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 06:18:34 AM »
I'm from Colfax, Louisiana.   But now I am living here in the DFW Metroplex. Actually,  I'm in Justin, about 25 miles north of Fort Worth.  

I have been watching the classifieds for some time now, but I haven't seen anything really.  Since word of mouth is generally best, I figure this forum will be a excellent place to hear about something.

Anybody hear anything, let me know.