Author Topic: Dragon 31  (Read 1103 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Dragon 31
« on: April 13, 2004, 04:17:17 AM »
Dragon 31 if you came over here from the muzzle loading section welcome. I have to say about the french comment you made about maybe being right about Iraq?  Any one who Burns the American Flag gets no respect from me or badmouths this country after all the help we gave them  and saved their butts in WWI and II plus took over Nam for them.  With all the lives we lost for them I think they should give us a lot more respect than what they have shown. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dragon31

• Avid Poster
dragon31
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 04:47:03 AM »
jh45gun

I don't expect everyone to agree with me.  Dragon31, is a call sign that I used a long time ago in another really stupid war, I participated in.  I was told then that I was saving democracy and stopping the bad guys from taking over the world.  I never could understand why they didn't welcome me in their country, after all I was helping them.  After my discharge I finished college and listened to what others were saying about that war and I developed a new perspective about what I believe to be our national weakness.  
The French remember that war just as much  as I do.  As long time family friends of the US, they thought they would give us the benefit of their wisdom.  I suggest that maybe we should have listened.  The French have given us much over the years (our legal system, our concept of a republic, assistance in the American revolution, etc).  Burning the flag.  It's not something that I would do,  but frustration leads men to do really strange things.  I think that the French knew that the pretext of the Iraq war was false and wanted no part of the deception.
I'm leaving to turkey hunt in KY for a week.  I look forward to your reply, when I get home.

Offline jh45gun

Dragon 31
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 06:37:46 AM »
Dragon 31, I think france had a personal oil interest in this iraq thing and as far as I am concerned the leader of france is no better than saddam was!!! I saw pictures of the french protesters burning our flag and when you look at that pic and then the one of the cemeteries in france it kinda ticks you off at least it does me. I do not expect every one to have my views but I feel that protesting a war when you served or in the service like Kerry did is wrong. Yea I know the argument we fought wars so the protesters can have that right but I still do not have to like it. Not saying in the past that france was not our friend yea they were for the reason that they had a mutual interest in us as they were against the english at the time also. I think we repaid that debt in WWI and for darn sure in WWII. I think the scale is tipped to our side again and that their public displays of their displeasure with us goes a long way as far as I am concerned I would not give them a other damn thing as far as I am concerned. I think that as far as france thinking the pretense of this war was false I think they were more upset about saddam losing power than what excuse we had for going there. As far as college goes higher learning is a good thing but US college's as far as I am concerned are full of liberal professors and students who of course would be against any war. I think any one who goes to college should keep a clear mind and take all with a grain of salt as the liberals there love to convert the young uninformed to their cause. Just my opinion on the college thing but I have heard them spew their BS  here too often along with what I have heard in the past out of the mouths of liberal college profs across the country when they were on or in the media. I do not expect your views to change or will mine but it is good to exchange views anyway. Hope your hunt was successful.  About nam not sure why we were there except to stop communism which we have not been too successful at I think we are better off just letting it fail on its own like what happened to Russia. Still while we maybe were wrong to get into nam we did and I think the war protesters at the time dishonored the folks that were getting killed over there. As far as Iraq goes any place that is a hotbed of terrorist should be cleaned up as they attacked us and will continue to do so unless we fight back and take the fight to them. Jim

Offline Shorty

Dragon 31
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 03:00:03 PM »
I get the impression that the French did not fight in Viet Nam (or in Algeria).   They used the Foreign Legion for their "throw-away" fighters, even though the officers were French.  At least Americans always commit their own people, except maybe for asking a little help on the side.  That's why the French can say, "oh, well, no biggie", when they lose.  When we lose, we're saying that our own people died for naught.
 Iraq is not Viet Nam.  North Viet Nam had unlimited backing by the Soviet Union, whom we could not afford to offend (directly).  Iraq has no such affiliation.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Iraq is not Vietnam
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 04:46:23 AM »
and that should be all that is said on that topic, for all the reasons that have been listed.

One dang thing about hindsight is that it is 20-20.  And that isn't correct, it's simply an uneducated excuse for trying to avoid situations.  There was nothing wrong withour attempts at trying to keep South Vietnam from falling to the Communists.  They were treaty partners in the SEATO alliance - I fail to see why the hay everyone seems to either ignore or forget that, unless it's simply convenient to their inductive arguements.  When someone says we have no business being there they are simply flat out wrong.

Politics aside, where it should be, we try our dangest to help keep people free.  Sometimes it doesn't work, usually when the press manages to turn our own people against us, like while we were fighting the Vietnam War, and even afterwards when some fell prey to the 'educated' notion that either nothing is worth war or that war or that particular was was not justified.  That's pure Hogwash.

Shorty, you're right, the French really never fought that war, they just got the schmidt kicked out of them because they had lousy tactics and lousy leadership.  We got the schmidt kicked out of us because we had lousy leadership and too dang much media intervention and interference from politics.

I fail to understand why the hay people in this country, and lots of others, come to believe that a bunch of student protestors actually know what the hay is going on, and then listen to them - they are students for God's sake, they don't know squat except what they want for dinner.  Most are immature, sheltered overgrown infants.  They have little or no life experiences to temper their character or provide a basis for reality.  Most still live out of their parent's pocketbooks and think that their first night away from home with some green in their pockets gives them all the maturity they need to make informed decisions.  When has any student campus actually made an appropriate informed decision about any really significant or important issue?

Furthermore, anyone who equates Iraq to Vietnam is simply wrong - there are no similarities.  It is simply a ploy at devisivness and it works with the weak-minded, like students and fools.  You will notice that it is the commie crowd that uses that notion here in the US, commies like kerry and bad swimmers and alcoholics like kennedy - and you will notice they are the ones who want us disarmed.  You will also notice, or at least I hope to God you do, that the ones who first used that phrase before the weak minded picked it up and ran with it here, are to ones who hope to foster their terrorist agenda by whipping up old Vietnam fears.

Now folks, you're gonna have to get real with this nonsense or get consumed by it.  If you fall prey to the later you have already lost your way.  If you understand that the comparison is fraught with lies and is not a real perspective you have already won.

One thing the people in Iraq should have is the freedom from terrorism and religious anarchy to live life as a free people.  We should encourage that and we are.  Personally, I think it is a good strategy not to let your enemy know that even though you have defeated his armies you're not stupid enough to think that was all there was - we're just holding while waiting for them to re-group so we would know where they are.  Then we can kill more of them............................

OK, I've said my 2 cents worth.  Mikey.

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
Re: Iraq is not Vietnam
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 01:39:44 PM »
Quote from: Mikey

Furthermore, anyone who equates Iraq to Vietnam is simply wrong - there are no similarities.  It is simply a ploy at devisivness and it works with the weak-minded, like students and fools.  You will notice that it is the commie crowd that uses that notion here in the US, commies like kerry and bad swimmers and alcoholics like kennedy - and you will notice they are the ones who want us disarmed.  You will also notice, or at least I hope to God you do, that the ones who first used that phrase before the weak minded picked it up and ran with it here, are to ones who hope to foster their terrorist agenda by whipping up old Vietnam fears.

One of the things I heard Bush say the other night on TV was “what ever the military asks for, they will get”.   Can you imagine what we could have (and would have) done in Vietnam if we had a leader like that back then.   The lib’s like to point to Nixon as the one that failed over there but he didn’t get us there or keep us there with our hands tied.   By the time he got there it was too late to do much else but get out.

Now I see a leader that wants us to win, not pussyfoot around.   I see a leader that wants to take the fight to them, not let them come to us.   I see a leader that cares about protecting us, not listening to a bunch of uneducated students and wimpy poles.   I also see troops that know that they are allowed to win.

Yes Mikey… comparing Iraq to Vietnam is simply wrong - there are no similarities.
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline magooch

Dragon 31
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 03:29:15 AM »
There is absolutely nothing wrong with our Iraq involvement, or Viet Nam for that matter, that Curtis Lemay or a general with a pair like he had, couldn't fix.

Folks, we've got the weapons necessary to solve these problems; we've got to demonstrate that they are not just window dressing that we're never going to use.  Harry Truman had the right idea and as I remember it, it worked and it saved thousands of American GIs lives.

If we are going to be too squimish to use the right weapons, but we're willing to accept a slow, steady attrition of our great GIs, then we will be forever having to deal with terrorists and half-fast little rinky dink countries.

Iraq would have been the perfect place to test a nuke.  Actually it's still not too late.  Fallujah and Tikrit are both places that I'm sure Iraq could do without.
Swingem

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
Dragon 31
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 03:52:06 AM »
I can tell you something right know. Our fight with terrorism will be going on for years to come, but had we not went into Iraq or Afghanistan it would go on for ever. The people who live in these countries were raised to hate America for no real reason. We are doing the right thing in Iraq. There are people over there who need our help and as we were raised we will help in sitiuations such as this. This is the greatest country in the world today. The Viet Nam war could have been and should have been won, but there were to much media and politics involved. Iraq is far from Viet Nam.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Dragon 31
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 04:39:13 AM »
Major, magooch and BIGBOREFAN - you men make an old soldier proud.  Thank you all.  Mikey.

Offline RIFLERANGER

• Avid Poster
Dragon 31
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 05:20:29 AM »
Magooch, I personally have no problem with nuclear testing in Iraq.  I DO however, have a problem with a rogue, nuclear capable country performing these very same tests here.
FWIW, and y'all can bash my college educated @ss anytime you see fit, but Saddam, like it or not, was ABOLUTELY no threat to us here.  And this is regardless of what you heard in the same media you trash for being slanted when it is convenient.
No doubt he was evil, and I am glad he is in custody, but after this goal was accomplished, we have become scorned not only by his loyalists, but by those very people he persecuted as well for staying there.
My vote is get out and let them flucking kill each other.  Same with Afghanistan.
I don't think our fathers, sons, mothers, and daughters need to die to bring democracy to a$$-backwards, third world $hitholes where the majority have no desire for it.  They are used to being led around by the nose by rulers and kings, not by proper government. For them, staying alive is a good thing and foremost on their minds, not whether their elected officials are keeping election promises.
It is not OUR responsibility to go somewhere we are not wanted.
Fighting terrorism where our targets are defined is one thing, and difficult to boot.  But invading countries is a whole nuther ball of wax.
If we are really worried about terrorist threats, Korea, China, and several other radical nuclear capable nations are first in my mind as areas that need to be dealt with.
Just my .03.
Ranger
"HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR RIFLES TODAY ?!"

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
Dragon 31
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 05:22:26 AM »
Mikey at the young age of 32 I feel like I should be doing more for our Troops over there and supporting them is it. They are there not just for the freedom of the Iraq people but for us as well. We need give them a big THANK YOU for there service and lets not forget the Veterans like you Mikey. THANK YOU as well. RifleRanger you make some good points there, but if someone is in need you help. The Iraq people need our help, Sadam was butchering his own people. Who put Sadam were he was.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline jh45gun

Dragon 31
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 06:03:44 AM »
Ranger we sure as heck  did not start this war 911 did that but like WWII after Pearl we stepped in and finished it! We have not finished this one but how many times do you want them to attack us before we fight??? I think GWB did the right thing.  Also I learned a long time ago if you are going to kick the crap out of some one make sure you can. Be pretty tough taking on China. We tried Korea once before and did not accoplish anything so it would be tough now. I think GWB is on the right course pick your wars that you can win or feel that you can and stay away from a loosing bet.  :shock:  Jim

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
Dragon 31
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2004, 01:05:38 PM »
As far as the U.S. being in Iraq against the wishes of their people, am I the only one who remembers the tears of their grateful citizens when we took Baghdad?  Toppled Saddam's statues?  Handed out food?  Saddam pretty much let the infrastructure of Iraq crumble away, we are there to rebuild it.  The U.S. is a leader the world needs, we don't ask for the job but we accept it, and the risks associated with that role.  I say we kick the U.N. out, keep all the money we give those ungrateful backstabbers, and let them rot.  Better yet, seal the borders, and let those sorry bungholes fend for themselves.  Eliminate foreign aid, the deficit would be a lot easier to deal with!

PJ

P.S.  I just had my cat neutered......now he meows in french!
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
Dragon 31
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2004, 09:27:14 AM »
Fact: The frence lost untold billions in oil deals with Saddam. Ditto the germans, russians. Also technology deals; the frence were building their nuclear program for them...ditto the russians and others (n korea, for one).

Fact: The UN were fleecing the Iraian people for millions a day in kickbacks in the Oil for Food and medicine program. Saddam was building armies and palaces while the people went hungry.

The Shiites(SP?) are ungrateful rascals that don't seem to like anyone and will not cooperate with anyone. Heck with them!!

The sunnies are Saddams old buddies and suffer since his departure....oh, well :-D

As much as it pains me to say this, maybe the Iraqi people, as a group, do not deserve freedom. If this were Americans being helped from under a murdering tyrant, we would all rise up and help the people helping us. Nuff said.........ya gotta help yourselves. The excuse is that the Iraqi have never known freedom.........BS: they know what it is and what it means. Americans didn't know freedom in 1776, either, and we sent the t;yrants packing...........my 2cents.....TTT
That Sound You Hear In The Woods While Hunting  Is Deer Laughing

Offline BamBams

Dragon 31
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »
There is one thing similar between Vietnam and Iraq -- it's looking like we're gonna be over there a long, long time.  In my opinion, we've already been over there too long.  Seems like we're playing more games now than anything else.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
Dragon 31
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2004, 10:16:13 AM »
Quote from: BamBams
There is one thing similar between Vietnam and Iraq -- it's looking like we're gonna be over there a long, long time.  In my opinion, we've already been over there too long.  Seems like we're playing more games now than anything else.

Nam was one battle in the war against the Commies and Iraq is one battle in the war against terror. We won Nam, we just decided to give it away again :roll:

Offline Dragon31

• Avid Poster
Dragon31
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2004, 10:43:12 AM »
OK folks, I'm back from my turkey hunting trip for a couple days.  You can kill two in KY and Indiana season starts the April 21.  So if you will let me I'll try and give you some of my thinking, logic and places that you can find out information that may or may not change your minds.
I break my reply into two parts because occassionally I can get "windy".  First part is about colleges.  Second part is why the French maybe correct.  One other point for you super patriots.  I originally joined the Army in June 1961, served my active duty time in an Intel unit.  In february of 2003 I finished my military career in a National Guard Unit at the age of 59 years 11 months and 29 days.  Mandatory retirement age is 60. I worked up to midnight, finished my shift, turned out the lights and went home.   I seldom if every wear my Dress Blues,  But when I do I don't think I have to take a back seat to anyone.  During all of those year I also managed to earn three college degrees, raise a family and spend 33 years as a public school teacher and administrator.  I tell you this not to impress you but assure you that I bring to the table of discussion a fair amount of hard earned experience.

Offline Dragon31

• Avid Poster
colleges
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2004, 12:06:28 PM »
jh45gun:

I agree that many public colleges are liberal institutions and rightly they should be.  However, not all colleges are public and not all public colleges are liberal institutions.  You should pick the one you attend carefully.
Example: I was seated in the review stand the first Friday of this month at the Citadel and watch the cadets pass and review as is the custom on most Fridays of the month.  The college is a public institution, and  is considered a liberal arts college but I doubt that you would call 99.9% of the faculty "liberals"  On my left was a Marine Col on my right an Army Col in fact everyone in uniform was a field grade Officer and worn a patch on his right sleeve.  The largest college in my state has provided the Army with some of its top Intelligence personal since the mid 50's,  My last division G-2 was a history professor at this institution that I consider liberal in every way.  A few years back the Division CG was a part time college prof at this institution and the chemistry dept head at the high school.  Another university in this state is know all over the world for its agriculture program.  The division chemical officer is a professor at this university and is acknowledge world authority in HER field (most never suspect she is and Army Officer).  One of the art professors at this university commanded a "ZIPPO" during the south east asia unpleasantness and is currently on active duty, doing what he learned in his youth.  The division chaplain (a green beret) is a prof at the local junior college.  Your own state university at Madison is one of the leading research institutions in the nation on social issues and institution, most of this knowledge finds its way into the Army Psych Ops units that are now deployed with students from the university.  I could go on and on I could give you names, times and places but it would only embarrass those individuals who consider what they do as a private matter.
Now on the other hand.  Yes there are some college profs who have made me want to barf.  I dropped a class once from a prof who started a history class with "The civil war was a negro revolution"  I knew at once I was not going to make it in that class and dropped it.  I do strongly believe that public research universities have to be open to all ideas and explore even the most repugnant ideas and concepts.  My reasoning is simple.  If the knowledge has worth it will survive, if it does not have worth if will fall by the wayside.  Remember, "you can fool some of the people some of the time.  You can fool part of the people part of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"  Believe in "we the people ..." and have faith that in every college and university that there are just as many hard $ss conservatives as there are liberals with most profs falling in between the two extremes.  I have attended three different universities and taught at two others,  I was never the most conservative person on campus and my kids consider me slightly right of Attia the Hun.

Offline Dragon31

• Avid Poster
The french
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2004, 12:58:25 PM »
Jh45gun:

Getting past the emotions and digging out the facts.  The French understood that there is no connection between Iraq and the 9/11 attack.  They have decent intelligence assets.  Even our president has said no connection and the world understood that "no known connection" exists.  They also understood that Iraq had eliminated their chemical weapon so UN resolution 1442 could not be used as an excuse to attack Iraq.  The worst that we could find them guilty of was they had a missile that would shoot 14 miles farther than what we restricted them to.  Total effective range 94 mile to my memory.  Not far enough to hurt anyone.  Go to the Federal Depository Library in your neck of the woods and look up our own non classified State Department Memos on the threat briefing.
Fact the Saudis financed and supplied the attackers on 9/11.  The French knew this and we ignored it.  This is easy to check look for nationalities in the newspapers.
Saddam, to my knowledge, never left his country, travel very little even in Iraq and was essentially a local bully, not worth the life of one French or American citizen. Understand that I really don't care what other countries do keeping Americans alive and well is what I'm about.  Read the bio of Saddam in the library.
The French also understood that if anyone attacked Iraq that they were in violation of international law and maybe one day could be tried for war crimes in the Hague.  Read International Law review in library.
There is a lot more but I've got to go.  
They last thing the French understood was what it was like to be occupied.  How they formed resistance movement and fought the German occupation at every turn.  They knew it would happen to any Christian invaders in Iraq and they just didn't want any part of it.  As far as smiles on the faces of the Iraq's when we arrived,  I assure you that in a combat situation with me behind the .50 in a track you had better smile, look harmless and appear to like my company or you'll wish you had.  I also know that as a man I would fight just as hard as the Iraq's if anyone ever sends an Army into my country (for any reason) and I would do just as Francis Marion did when his neighbors supported the British.  Remember him and what he did to his fellow Americans who wanted to remain a part of British empire?  The Iraq's learned from our own fight for independence.  
Going Turkey hunting I'll read your replies when I get back.

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
Dragon 31
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2004, 01:26:43 PM »
Dragon31, I don't agree. Just a couple of things: the WMDs were there, they were used, the UN, the democrats, the Congress all saw the evidence and agreed that they were there and used. The WMDs were not for us to find, they were for Saddam to prove that he did not have. He could have stopped the war just about anytime he wished by proving that the WMDs that everyone knew he had were dystroyed and the atomic weapon programs that everyone knew he had were taken apart. Bush, at no time, ever said that Saddam was an imminent threat or a direct link to 911.......you are sounding very Democratic, indeed, about all this :oops:
In Nam, the french wanted at least a division of American troops, under their command to take care of Uncle Ho. We wisely declined at the time (middle fifties).BTW, Bennedict Arnold had a long and heroic military career with lots of experience, until he turned traitor :roll: John Kerry also served in Nam with honor, until he came back and joined a commie- fronted group to undermine the US and it's anti commie efforts. The French people might be ok, their choice of Government is deplorable...one of the most socialist countries on earth! They no longer have nothing of value to offer us, except maybe lessons on how to weasel your allies.

Offline BamBams

Dragon 31
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2004, 03:05:01 AM »
Yup...it's a fact that Saddam "had" WMDs - nobdy can dispute that.  The key word is "had," and nobody knows for sure what he has done with all of them.  Whether they were destroyed, buried, sold off, whatever.  IF he destroyed them, then his own ego has been his undoing in that he wasn't agreeable with unfettered inspections.  This is what really got him into trouble if we follow along with the proganda timeline.

Saddam was indeed worth taking out of commission though.  He was a threat to those around him and his own people.  Tyrants need to be gotten rid of.   As a nation, we have a long history of defending the persecuted when we have had leadership inclined to do so.  Was Saddam a "direct" threat to our soil?  Well, that's just a complete unknown as far as I can tell.  By the way, has anyone heard from Saddam lately?  I wonder how he's doing in capitivity these days?

As far as liberal academics go.  I have to agree with with the poster who tells us that college professors do vary from one to the next.  I was once chastised for writing a thesis that proved that Euripedes most likely plagiarized what we know call the "bible," but then again, I've had others who are quite conservative and open minded as well.  College professors are indeed individuals.  Some are liberal, some aren't, and some are in between.

Anyway, whatever the reasons, we have now become the babysitters of yet two more countries at the price of our blood.  The goal is to create in them a people who are peaceful and cooperative.  Will we ever accomplish this?  I really hope so, since the price has been so high.  In my opinion, we need to get their infrastructures going as quickly as possible, especially their schools, and then get the heck out of there, so we can start working on some of our domestic concerns and healing.  Our country also needs to be re-built, and I'd have been okay with Bush taking the leadership reigns of that.  It's unfortunate that the events following 9/11, while necessary to insure our safety and interests, have seemingly sidetracked our government from focusing on our needs at home.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Dragon31

• Avid Poster
Saddam
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2004, 04:44:12 AM »
It's raining, I slept in, and will answer you questions while having a cup of coffee and thinking about the tom turkey I called with 75 yards and couldn't sweet talk him any farther.  Tomorrow is another day.

What we call WMD essentially fall into three categories with several sub-categories under each major heading.  The Army used to call it NBC (Nuclear, Chemical, biological).  For a number of years I was either the course manger or instructor at the NBC Defense course at Ft McCoy Wisconsin and have written a number of threat briefings in my life.  I have a little more than a passing under standing of who has what and the available delivery systems for every major power in the world.  While I got most of my information from sources unavailable to you, the information is available if you want to go to the Federal Depository Library where you live and do a little looking (the library is easy to find at a University, Just look where all of the foreign students are sitting and reading).  This is NOt the local library.   Any country that can produce insecticide has the capability to produce a chemical compound that can be used in a chemical attack, and (every farmer I know has the delivery system).  Take a can of bug spray and look up the contents on the back of the can and you are real close to the correct formula for a chemical agent.  I can't image any university in the world that would not do research on Benzin rings and associated compound.  I can't image any university in a third rate country that would not study the atom or using our own text books to construct a crude nuclear device.  If 90% of the teens in this country can cook Meth in their cars it would be remiss of me to say that Saddam little group could not produce chemical weapons (Your local high school lab can).  Also remember the material that we gave him when he fought Iran (real important to an understanding of his capability).  Bio weapons are to me much easier, cheaper, less detectable, less traceable and all ready on most farms with live stock.  
What's all of this got to do with Iraq.  They didn't have a dam thing that could hurt us.  Saddam was hated by most Arabs, and isolated,  and while I would not give Kerry the sweat of my testicles if he was dying of thirst, I hate it when I'm lied to.  You want to invade Iraq, and your the commander and chief, then tell the American people the truth and lead your army forward.  When the killing is done bring the troops home and let someone else build the nation and keep the peace, our Army has proven its self as one killing machine, and should never be used for anything other than that purpose.  The Iraq army was defeated but the individual Iraq citizen will hate us for a long time to come and continue to fight with his hands and fists if necessary.  Wouldn't you do the same to an occupying force?  When we did the British during the revolution they called us the same things that we are calling the Iraq's who are fighting (I would laugh if it wasn't so serious).  Remember, only a very small per centage of American ever fired a shoot in our defeat of the British.  
While I'm up, hot and running my mouth.  We should never put one American soldier under the command of an Officer of any other Nation  That includes the UN, NATO, SEATO.  I could go on but I need another cup of coffee.

Offline magooch

Re: The french
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2004, 06:24:56 AM »
Quote from: Dragon31
Jh45gun:

Fact the Saudis financed and supplied the attackers on 9/11.  

It is a fact that most of the hijackers were Saudis, but to say that they were supplied by Saudi Ariabia is a new spin.  Yes, the terrorists did get some financing from symphatetic Saudis, but they also got some from people in this country.

Saddam, to my knowledge, never left his country, travel very little even in Iraq and was essentially a local bully, not worth the life of one French or American citizen.  

You might want to ask the Kuwaitis about Saddam just being a local bully.  No arguement that Saddam isn't worth one American life--don't know about the Frogs.

The French also understood that if anyone attacked Iraq that they were in violation of international law and maybe one day could be tried for war crimes in the Hague.  Read International Law review in library.

Who gives a flip what the French think.  Should Bill Clinton be worried about attacking Serbia?
Swingem