Author Topic: Law Professor Turley/ Discord between political parties... etc.  (Read 75 times)

Offline JBinMN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Law Professor Turley/ Discord between political parties... etc.
« on: September 17, 2024, 02:15:19 PM »
  Here is the link:
https://jonathanturley.org/2024/09/17/age-of-rage-26-million-americans-believe-political-violence-is-justified/
---------
I am not the best at offering up topics & their "wording" for how to make a topic. IOW, posting up a good subjective ,"Title" to get folks attention.

I just throw it up & if ya "connect" with the subject/topic, well then, good.   

If not, well, then your problem. Tough crap.

read the article if ya want & discuss.

Here are just a few quotes from the article to be considered.:

A poll released by the University of Chicago via the Chicago Project on Security and Threats offers a chilling account of the growing radicalism in America, particularly after the second foiled assassination attempt of former president Donald Trump, the poll found that 26 million Americans believe “the use of force” is justified to keep Trump from regaining the presidency.

“We are living in an age of rage. It permeates every aspect of our society and politics. Rage is liberating, even addictive. It allows us to say and do things that we would ordinarily avoid, even denounce in others. Rage is often found at the farthest extreme of reason. For those who agree with the underlying message, it is righteous and passionate. For those who disagree, it is dangerous and destabilizing.”

It is a short article. I suggest ya just read the doggone thing before a comment. Please.

BTW, I await the commie POS here to comment about this article & most likely without even reading it...
C'mon girls. Line up... Your up at bat. Swish... there it goes... C'mon. Hey, this ain't badminton... Damn sure it ain't hockey...

You can do it... show us gents that you have it... Maybe... I doubt it. There is a reason they are called, "Swishes"...You go girls...

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Law Professor Turley/ Discord between political parties... etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2024, 05:17:28 PM »
A bitof catching up is due, if we are to be anywhere near an ugly civil war..  In 1775, just after the signing of the Declaration of Independence,
  about 45% of thecolonists, were in favor of war with Britain..

https://www.rochester.edu/newscenter/three-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-american-revolution/#:~:text=At%20no%20time%20did%20more,independence%20pitted%20neighbor%2
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2024, 06:13:08 PM »
Maybe would be good to watch the new movie "Civil War" by Alex Garland, 109 minutes, 2024

Online Mule 11

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:47:30 AM »
There is a article on wnd.com which has a lot of the same info as the one posted, I read both. Stunning number of Americans actually support violence against Donald Trump by Bob Unruh.
The article states 26 million, The dem party and their propaganda media are cheerleading these attempts on President Trump’s life and the destruction of our country and simultaneously gaslighting Patriots claiming we are responsible. “claiming the other is guilty of what they are actually doing”

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 02:12:40 AM »
OK.....but is there a counterpart study?  What percentage of the populous might be in favor of violence toward the Demoncratic party?

Roger