Author Topic: Ultra Slug  (Read 1230 times)

Offline hellacatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Ultra Slug
« on: March 23, 2004, 12:26:30 PM »
Been looking at the Ultra Slug gun ( for the placeses that are shot gun only) is it worth the difference between the Ulrta with the hardwood stock or the Ultra Deluxe with the laminated stock.  I don't wonted to rush things I only got till this fall to make up my mind but every body needs a project. :biggun:
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Ultra Slug
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 02:16:25 PM »
That depends only on personal preference. I have 3 guns with lam stocks and I just plain like the way they look. With a break action gun the lam stock isn't going to effect accuracy. I guess I'd say it's worth a few more bucks.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline PASlugger

Ultra Slug
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 07:35:16 PM »
I just purchased the Ultra Slug Hunter Deluxe (actually a NEF limited edition which is the exact same gun) with laminate stock and really like the look.  I can't wait to get it out to the range.  From all I've read (mostly here and on the old HR1871 forum) you (nor I) will be disappointed in this gun ... laminate or not!

PASlugger

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Ultra Slug
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 03:16:53 AM »
I prefer the laminate stock on my guns but that is up to you...The Ultra Slug Deluxe also has the cut checkering and the regular Ultra Slug does not.  If that makes a difference to you then I would go with the Deluxe.  If I were buying a Ultra Slugger I would go for the Deluxe without a hesitation...It just looks cool.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Xplorer

Ultra Slug
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 05:59:01 AM »
My preference is also the laminate stock ... its worth the extra $ to me, as it just looks good.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin Historical Review of Pennsylvania. 1759

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
Ultra Slug
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 11:12:32 AM »
Ordered the Ultra Deluxe today didn't want to rush things only git till this fall to get ready  :wink:  It will match my other Ultras ever learn to use the camera mite take a pitcher. :biggun:  :D
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Ultra Slug
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 03:01:21 AM »
Good for you brother...Have you considered the optics that you are going to utilize?
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
Ultra Slug
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 11:49:08 AM »
Whitetailer--thinking about a Simmnos I found at SWFA  but will probley change my mind a few time want to hold the gun first besides need another project , turkey season don't start till the third don't want to get to bored. Have to work this weekend just to pay for my habits. 8)     :biggun:
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline 2500HD

Ultra Slug
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 05:29:47 AM »
I have the Ultra with the camo colored laminated stock and love that gun. It may be a load to still hunt with but it is by far the most accurate slug gun I have shot. I use Lightfield slugs and have it topped with a Tasco World Class 50mm scope and can consistantly hold 2" groups at 100 yrds and deadly at 125+yrds. Sweet gun IMO.