Author Topic: missouri carry law  (Read 597 times)

Offline hillbill

• Trade Count: (0)
missouri carry law
« on: April 02, 2004, 01:40:09 AM »
whats up with the new missouri concealed  carry law. is it going to be enacted or not? does it allow unlicensed carry in a vehicle? anybody have any info?

Offline Coydog C.

• Avid Poster
missouri carry law
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 06:09:23 AM »
Check out:

http://www.packing.org/

and go to the MO page. This site is positively the best source for CCW information that I've found.

Good Luck,

Chuck
"Your Mileage May Vary"

Offline hvacman

missouri carry law
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 02:18:47 PM »
I took my concealed carry class in May and the instructors [both county police officers] said that as of now it is in force although several counties refuse to issue them. Those counties are the metropolitan areas that are against guns anyway. The part about weapons in your car should stay but the concealed carry on your person may be overturned if it is challenged under the Hancock amendment. If it is overturned big brother still has your fingerprints on file and you have nothing. The politicians have no interest in fixing the legislation in an election year and we can only hope for a more gun friendly governer than the useless bag of wind we have now. This year is an important year for all gun owners to get off their butts and vote.
it's the Bill of Rights not the Bill of Needs

Offline Peddler Parsons

missouri carry law
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 03:17:58 PM »
Howdy
Took my test -pasted  Got my permit to carry - an do!  you can carry a open pistol in the set of you truck in plain sight
Peddler Parsons
SASS # 31281  R.O. II
SBSS # 259
Shooter of the Holy Black

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
missouri carry law
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 10:31:14 AM »
As of yesterday, Friday 06-11-04, a judge had ruled that the lawsuit over it being an "unfunded mandate" was set to go forth, but I haven't heard any time frame yet.  Until there is a final decision, the county sheriffs that want it will keep issuing permits, those opposed to it will make up some excuse not to.  Politics as usual!  :roll:

PJ
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?