Author Topic: Question about Buffalo Bullet Co. Conicals  (Read 564 times)

Offline Jack Crevalle

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Question about Buffalo Bullet Co. Conicals
« on: March 29, 2004, 06:02:58 AM »
I picked up some Buffalo Bullet Co. conical pistol bullets and was shooting them in my revolver this past weekend. I wasn't familiar with these so I loaded them over top of a wonder wad.

I was noticing however that these were thicky coated with what appeared to be beeswax.

I was wondering if the wonder wads were overkill in addition to the beeswax? Should I just omit them?

Buffalo Bullet Co. must be the only company in the world without a website. Other than a page with it's name and address on it that is.

Offline Cactus Cris

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 01:49:44 PM »
I have shot them both ways and could see no difference in accuracy, but a big difference in fouling.  With the wad there was hardly any, and without the cylinder got sticky after 3 rnds. They don't carry enough lube unless ya put some on top.  I have some more of them but prefer the rnd ball cause of the ease of loading and cause I cast my own and have lots.
Cactus Cris  SASS 2790  Darkside Posse, Cart maker, Corral Keeper, Gpa of 6

Offline Jack Crevalle

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 01:29:23 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'll keep shooting them with the wads. I don't find them difficult to load at all so maye that's just a difference in pistols.

I used to make my own round balls and have thought about doing it again but with my doing metallic reloading in addition to shooting I'm beginning to worry about lead exposure. I also can't justify spending the time to do it.

How's the shooting opportunities around Scottsdale? I would think there'd be plenty of ranges close by.

Offline Cactus Cris

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 12:15:37 PM »
:D Shooting is almost too good-( if there is such a thing)  Can shoot every weekend with-in 1hr + of my house.  Have to pick and choose which ones to go to.  Hope to shoot with ya someday.  :-)
Cactus Cris  SASS 2790  Darkside Posse, Cart maker, Corral Keeper, Gpa of 6