Author Topic: Last Rites  (Read 935 times)

Offline Holiday

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-holidayhayes
Last Rites
« on: April 23, 2004, 01:48:03 PM »
3 Cajun Friends:

Tree friends from de local Cajun congregation of Thibodeaux, Louisiana were asked, "When you in you casket, and you friends and parish members are mourning over you, what would you like dem to say?"

Jacque said: "I would like dem to say, I was a wonderful husband, a fine spiritual leader, and a great family man."

Fouche commented: "I would like dem to say, I was a wonderful teacher, and servant of da church, who made a huge difference in people's lives."

Boudreaux said: "I'd like dem to say, Look, he's movin!"
Holiday Hayes
Darksider, Gunfighter
"Just a simple Cowboy, tryin' ta git along"

Offline williamlayton

Last Rites
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 03:08:36 PM »
Yup! :-D
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Capt Hamp Cox

• A Real Regular
Last Rites
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 05:56:44 PM »
What a scare.  Saw the subject "Last Rites" and, knowing how old old williamlayton is, just automatically assumed there was gonna be a empty chair at our table in the Saloon.  Was just gettin' ready to nominate a replacement to fill that empty chair when I realized there ain't no one 'round here could do that, cuz old williamlayton's pretty much one of a kind, and would we really want to replace him?  Gotta admit to some relief when I realized it was jus anuther one of Holiday's Cajun jokes (he better keep his winders rolled up if he ever crosses into dat bayou country).  Think I need some liquid 'freshment after all that 'citement.
Careful is a naked man climbin' a bobwire fence.  

Offline williamlayton

Last Rites
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 11:14:40 PM »
Tha older WE get tha more dead we get, i'm thinkin that one of these days we aint gonna remember wheather we're dead or alive. :grin:
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline williamlayton

Last Rites
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 11:28:31 PM »
Speaking fer myownself only, I was begenning to think either I or you folks had passed to tha other side. I wernt real sure it was not me, but then I didn't chech with tha hen bout it. That said, I may never hafta pass to tha other side cause she may not give me permisson.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD