Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 985 times)

Offline Huk

• Trade Count: (0)
Howdy
« on: April 04, 2004, 04:35:50 PM »
Lo folks,
Just rode into town and kinda new roun here. But I had a hanker'n to wet my whistle, so I reckon I'll buy the house a round.

Huk :grin:
If you try to fail, and you succeed, which have you done?

Offline California Lawdawg

Howdy
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 05:31:29 PM »
Welcome pard. :)  Iffen you are buying, I'm drinking. Next round on me. :-D

Lawdawg :D

Offline Holiday

• Contributor
    • http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-holidayhayes
Howdy
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 06:30:16 PM »
Greetings and welcome! Pull up a barstool and sit a spell. Don't let some of these characters fool ya, they're mostly harmless. Well, except for maybe William. :wink:
Holiday Hayes
Darksider, Gunfighter
"Just a simple Cowboy, tryin' ta git along"

Offline williamlayton

Howdy
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 12:40:37 AM »
I'm broke Huk, so i'm thankful fer tha hospitality. I'll buy a round when my cofederate pension kicks in. I know, I know but a fellers got to keep hopin.
I'm tryin to figger out how to post these here pics of tha shed, which is why i'm broke an all that thinkin done made me thirsty.
Friendly town Huk. Let me fill ya in on tha population a bit, well soas ya won't get off in tha wrong bunch.
Ya done heard from Holiday, an well he is a good sort, well if'n ya can keep him seperated from A feller named Hamp. Them two is a handfull when thay gets together. They is under suspecion of stealin ol Butlerfords mule, and Hamp is jest under suspecion from everbody what got a badge.
Now ol Graybeard is a good guy an is tha mayor of this here town, well, thas what Ms Graybeard allows him to think anyway. Can be a cantankereous cuss, but he gets over it when she sets him down an talks to him. He runs a good shop an ya can count on him.
Then there's a whole lot of folks what live here that is good information an shares it liberally. You will strike some good opinion outta these boys.
I'll give some advice, doan stick to jest one quarter of town. Mosey round a bit, streach yor interest, there is a lot of real talent herebouts.
Ya will find some hardheaded opinion, but tha don't get pushy bout itall, jest got their own way of thinkin bout things.
Thas tha thing i'm in favor with bout these boys, an well,er, gals. Sorry ta slight tha wimmen folk, tha is abunch of em round an thay does good, I digress frum apologizin, these folks do a heap of good thinkin.
Me, well, I jest read a lot, says a bunch witout sayin much of anything an try ta keep out tha way much as I can.
Set down, rest up and have another rootbeer.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
Howdy
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 01:12:49 AM »
Howdy Huk, welcome and thank ya.  When some of the riff raff steps out ta smoke, I'll repay ya the kindness,  just paid ma taxes and ma pokes a little lite.
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline Huk

Howdy
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 03:40:24 AM »
Thank ye all for the welcome.
Know what y'all mean by the money bein' kinda thin.
I are still awaitin fer my Confederate Air Force pension.

Y'all take care now y'hear.

Huk

Offline williamlayton

Howdy
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 01:11:31 PM »
Doan think I passed over that riff raff steppin out to smoke stuff BF-I caught on real good.
Well think i'll have a soke, say good night Gracie.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
Howdy
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 12:37:04 AM »
Well, thank'e Will, my feelin's was hurt, thinkin' you hadn't seen that. I thought maybe you didn't even bother readin' my posts!   :D  :-D
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline Capt Hamp Cox

• A Real Regular
Howdy
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 05:27:17 AM »
Howdy, Huk.

Kinda nice to see a new face in here for a change.  Gettin' mighty tired of lookin' at some of these ugly old codgers what tend to hang out in here and tell lies and such.  Just a word of warning, tho, don't never bring more than a couple of bucks when you come in here, or these moochers will have you buyin' drinks til you run outta cash.

If you happen to run into that old williamlayton, tell him we don't care about seein' any pitchurs of that old shed of hisn, we wants to see a pitchur of him, just to see if he's really as old as he sounds.

Hamp
Careful is a naked man climbin' a bobwire fence.  

Offline Huk

Howdy
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2004, 01:29:09 PM »
Hey Y'all,
Been tryin' to get me a good bizness goin' here sellin' Miss John's Cabbage Soup. Got me a truck all bilt an everthing ready ta go.
One a the fellers down the road a piece had two big bowls las nite an says he had a little trouble this mornin'. Seems as he done plumb blew the hole back wall outa the outhouse. Guess he jus aint useta the good stuff.

Here's my truck.......

Huk

Offline williamlayton

Howdy
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2004, 11:12:31 PM »
I'm loovin it--Ya get the Idee from the old comic strip li'l Abner? What was tha feller what had that kinda hoopey?
Looks like you bought a level jest like tha one I got.
Doan pays no tention to that Hamp, he's got a jealous streak in him.
Give us some more info on tha wagon.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD