Author Topic: Pistol Accuracy  (Read 547 times)

Offline ShootnStr8

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Pistol Accuracy
« on: April 08, 2004, 07:59:16 AM »
Folks,

I don't have a lot of recent experience shooting wheelguns and autoloaders.  Most of my handgun shooting is with Contenders.

Consequently, I'm not sure what is considered average and good from the more conventional handguns .  So what would be the average and good groups from the following types of pistols at 17 and 25 yards.  Breaking it down even further to bench, slow fire and rapid fire would be also appreciated.

.22 revolver with 4" barrel

.357 mag. revolver with 6-8" barrel

9mm semi-auto

45ACP semi-auto

Thanks in advance your replies.

Blessings!

ShootnStr8
There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus.
--Blaise Pascal

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Pistol Accuracy
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 09:03:59 AM »
3.5" for the autos. 1.5" for the revolvers.
Safety first

Offline mag41vance

• A Real Regular
.41 mag Ruger Redhawk
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 02:22:01 AM »

This Revlover has done 2.78" At 100 yards with a custom reload that for the life of me I can't seem to reproduce......Rat's butt!!

vANCe
no x now!

Offline Tusker

good shooting
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 10:53:32 AM »
Well I think it depends on a lot more than can be entered here. The gun, YOU, how much you shoot, the ammo, weather, and more. I did this with a S&W MDL 29---4'' barrel. full house hunting loads. also same results with other handguns. I have shot this same gun, and walked them in and at least hit the target at 300, 435, and 465 yards.  :eek:  this was viewed, and ask to see if I could do it, and measured with one of those new yardage-pros--- Stand up shooting. The long distance stuff was fun, but of course I would never attempt to take game at such distances'. I also consider this picture to show what a bit of luck will do for you. Again have done this with several good guns, but I load all my own ammo, and do not get the same results with factory stuff. I spend a lot of time at the range, and have had my guns quite some time, and know them well. I just enjoy shooting. It's that simple. I do have a Ransom Rest, which tells me what a load can do in a given gun, and with that knowledge I can go forth, and see what develops. At my age 60, I have to say it is getting a bit harder to get some of the same results as days gone by, but I still enjoy trying.  :D

TUSKER

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Pistol Accuracy
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 11:25:42 AM »
id back that up a little and say that i consider a shooter a revolver that will do consistant 2 inch Autos are different A good .45 should do under 2 inches but an out of the box factory gun will usually not. Most do in the 4 inch range. Those are 5 shot groups
blue lives matter