Author Topic: .357 barrel arrived today!!!  (Read 906 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
.357 barrel arrived today!!!
« on: April 13, 2004, 02:37:05 PM »
OK Guys, I sent out a receiver on 3/18, sent it USPS Priority Mail, they received it on 3/19 (!!). It was returned today. A new .357 barrel fitted, a free trigger job (feels MUCH better) and an Ultra scope rail for scoping it, just in case. Less than 4 weeks from the day I sent it and it's back in my hands, and it feels great. Now if it stops raining tomorrow I'll be able to shoot it with .357's, then the fun begins, after my wife and I get back from Maine for a week or so (coyote hunting for me!!) I am hopefully going to try to load some of that .360 DW brass that Deadeye was so gracious with. Hope that .30 caliber (.308)  spitzer mold gets in quickly so I can repay Deadeyes generosity....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline marv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 03:03:59 PM »
:D  :-D  :) The 357 's are fun guns. I reamed mine to a Maxie.
Have not got a good group yet! Been fooling with my 218 Zipper.
Back to  the Maxie as I have time. Good shooting.
Marv.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 04:45:24 PM »
Marv I have a question for you, did your .357 shoot a good group as a "Mag" before you reamed it to a "Max"?....<><.... :?
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline marv

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 05:03:42 PM »
MSP Ret
Not real well but all I shot was some I had loaded for a S&W Mod 28.
Never did load for it as a Mag.  Thence had scope problems, Got
some 170 & 180 grain bullets loaded for it in max,cases.
Haven't had time to shot it. Been spending to much time on 218 Zipper.
Should get back to the Max in a day or two. will post when I get some good to post. Just got new glasses today maybe see better when I
shoot. Marv.

Offline 22KHornet

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 03:12:56 AM »
You guys are making me ansi to get mine back :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
I must be crazy.

Offline Leftoverdj

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 04:17:04 AM »
MSP. I heard from Aladin. He says that Lee ran out of single cavity sprue plates but was supposed to finish the moulds this week.

Even if they do, it'll take some time for the moulds to be shipped to him, him to check them and ship them to us. The other guys who have done group buys shipped ten a day. Maybe some PO reg. Aladin has about a hundred to ship so it may take some time, but I was relieved to hear there was some progress.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 05:26:11 AM »
Thanks DJ, that puts my mind at rest, I was beginning to get a bit worried....<><..... :grin:

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 11:48:33 AM »
:D Hey MSP Ret!
Have fun with the 357mag! I REALLY like shooting my H&R 357mag, and found that loads rated for single shot pistol work better than standard loads.
 The Sierra manual has that separate category, I don't know about others.
I imaginge you're planning to shoot the 17 Sportster for coyote?
David
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 01:18:10 PM »
Well MSP Ret-  Sounds like you are going to be very busy over the next few weeks......357 mag working out some .360 DW loads, .280 load configuratiion for that 19" barrel, and coyote pelts to stretch :wink:
Don't even think about us Okies (me and Deadeye) down here in this 70-80 degree weather. I think Deadeye is kinda homebound right now but I been trying to call in a descent gobbler myself lately. Anyway you have fun and relax and enjoy the great outdoors....you got a lot of work ahead of ya when ya get back.  :lol:  :D
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 02:36:53 PM »
offhand35, Yes I'm bringing both the .17 and the .22 Mag to try on the coyotes. And Lik2hunt, I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm trying to force myself to relax, retirement is tough but it only comes to those that can handle it (hope I'm up to the task!!!) :-D  :-D  :-D ....<><.... :grin:

Offline Deadeye47

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 04:13:27 AM »
W0W! That was pretty quick! Waiting on something like that is like watching the pot waiting for it to come to a boil! My .357 shot pretty good groups but had it bored to .357 max anyway as I had a 16 in. barrel .357 that shot even better groups with open sights!!!....the .360 brass dropped right in the 16in barrel so am confident it will shoot well out of that barrel also. Yes the weather has been pretty good down here but being homebound is an understatement! I've had to postpone my trip up to Tulsa....don't know when I'll be going up....so...there is absolutely no rush on the bullets...other than have them in my hand to oggle at like the brass!   :eek:   Good luck and have fun with the new barrel!
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05