Author Topic: 1 inch riflescopes  (Read 548 times)

Offline ercjr2001

• Trade Count: (0)
1 inch riflescopes
« on: April 19, 2004, 04:48:08 PM »
Burris Signature Select
Leupold VX III
Ziess Conquest
Nikon Monarch
Bushnell 4200
Kahles

Anyone compare these scopes. What do you guys think of them?
My friend is in the market for a new scope for his 270 Win. He mentioned the Kahles 3 x 9 his cousin purchased was very nice.
My friend is in the market for a new scope for his 270 Win. (to replace his Simmons Aetec)
I told him to look at the Bushnell 4200 1st and then look at both the Ziess Conquest and the Leupold VX III.
He likes my wifes nikon.

Offline Steelhead

• Avid Poster
1 inch riflescopes
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 03:29:43 AM »
To me scopes are a place to store your cross-hair, for when you might need it. I realize people just love how one scope is so much more clear then another.....etc etc. To me dependability, eye-relief, strength are FAR more important then which one looks more clear, I am not spending 10 hours a day looking through them.

With that rant done, of the scopes you mention, LEUPOLD of course.
Deactivated for behavior in response to a warning from GB.

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
1 inch riflescopes
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 03:58:26 AM »
Don't rule out the Nikon Monarch or the Weaver Grand Slam.  Both excellent scopes.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline oldelkhunter

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
1 inch riflescopes
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 10:40:06 AM »
Burris Signature Select
Leupold VX III
Ziess Conquest
Nikon Monarch
Bushnell 4200
Kahles

Burris is a customer service nightmare waiting to happen. Their scopes are heavy Bulky and I believe surpassed by many others they generally suffer from minimal eye relief which is variable like a Leupold, their finishes are not as durable as most scopes.

Zeiss Conquest..fine optics. probably the best of all the scopes on the list  but also a bulky scope for a 3x9  and the plastic adjustment covers and cheap turret adjustments have to go.  

Nikon Monarch nice dimensions and weight but I see way too much black when viewing a target.

Bushnell 4200 long bulky heavy scopes with no eye relief great optics and rain guard.

Kahles..come out below the top brands in most optics tests not very impressive but very expensive.

Leupold VX-III great customer service, great dimensions optic quality not up to a Zeiss conquest but plenty for most  people that use a scope as a scope and not a binocular.
"Be thankful that we're not getting all the government that we're paying for." Will Rogers

Offline Daniel

• Avid Poster
1 inch riflescopes
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 11:26:36 AM »
oldelkhunter pretty much hit the nail on the head.