Author Topic: KAHR P9 Covert  (Read 638 times)

Offline KN

• Trade Count: (0)
KAHR P9 Covert
« on: October 27, 2003, 12:14:17 PM »
Just bought one of these to use as a carry gun. ( if missouri ever gets off its butt and finalizes things ). What a neat little pistol! Put 200 rds through it with out a hitch. Pretty accurate for a double action only. Nice trigger too. Around 7lbs but was smooth as silk and had no stack at all. The whole pistol weighs 22ozs fully loaded. If you can't tell, I'm thrilled to pieces.  KN

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
KAHR P9 Covert
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2003, 09:04:54 AM »
Have had a hard time deciding whether to buy a P9Covert, or a PMK9.  Both will fit in my front pocket, neither will fit into my back.  I like the idea of the slightly longer bbl of the Covert, but when you are talking concealment, then smaller is usually better?
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline KN

• Trade Count: (0)
KAHR P9 Covert
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2003, 11:50:16 AM »
I didn't feel the extra length would be a problem. Its the grip length that makes it so concealable, at least for me. I have read a few complaints about the PM9 having some feeding problems due to the captured guide rod system or some thing. But I have also read plenty of testimonials that love the PM also.  KN

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
KAHR P9 Covert
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 07:07:01 AM »
Picked up my P9 Covert this week.  It is difficult to carry a belt gun when riding motorcycle so I wanted a pocket gun with more power than a Kel-tec P32.  The Covert fits the bill perfectly.  It is amazingly accurate.  I took it out to verify reliability and that it shot to the sights and shot a 1/12" group without working at it.  Many people call 4" or 5" groups good enough from a concealment gun, but I expect any gun I own to be able to pop a bunny at 15 or even 25yds should I chose to do so, and this one easily will.  I was concerned about the short butt being more difficult to shoot, but it was easy to hit with.  This gun is a keeper.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!