Author Topic: When I Screw Up - I Screw Up BIGTIME!  (Read 572 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
When I Screw Up - I Screw Up BIGTIME!
« on: April 24, 2004, 04:11:16 PM »
Well this is what boredom can do to an addicted shooter:

I was fondling my Kimber today and noticed that the hammer was getting pushed way back by the slide -- past the point of full-cock -- which is not desireable in a 1911.

Well, I've done this "tweak" plenty of times before, but this time I got impatient and took out the evil "Dremel" tool. Wouldn't you just know it? I guessed wrong on the amount of metal to remove from the hammer, and now I've got another piece for the scrap pile! Dang!

Well, thank God for the Internet & Brownell's! I just ordered another hammer, sear, S&A mag well, and Phillipino Mahogany grips -- overnight of course!

It sucks having my 1911 down for another 3 days -- especially now that the weather is FINALLY clearing up.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline chuckles

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 06:30:28 PM »
All of my guns run and hide in absolute terror at the mere mention of the dreaded "Dremel". :shock:  They learned this after watching me do a action job on a Star auto that hasn't been seen since escaping when I changed to a coarser grinding wheel. I have to keep the dremel under lock and key. BTW, I think the Star is under the kitchen sink but I'm afraid to look in case it might accidentally learn how to shoot. :-)

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 12:58:34 PM »
Dremel tools are great and have their places but then can get away from you in a heartbeat!!  :( As you well know  :eek:  I use mine a lot when making parts but Get cautious when I am getting close to what I want. I tell you one thing my gunsmith must get some dremel jobs  :roll: becuase you mention dremel to him and he goes on a tangent about them.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.