Author Topic: i sold my old 357 rifle but i did some shooting this weekend  (Read 511 times)

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
i let her go on Saturday,the 357,the 30 harret,the 308x44mag wildcat and the 444marlin barrel went with it.i sold the whole shooten match.i did make some $$$ on the deal.

i did buy a new rifle later Saturday afternoon.what i got was a new 17 nef sportster along with a new scope.the new Simmons 44 mag 6.5-20 looks good mounted on there.now the money i got out the sale of  the old H@R rifle paid for this new setup.

i did a Silver V trigger job on the rifle then i cleaned the barrel and the frame.on Sunday off to the range with this new shooten iron.this new rifle is a great shooter.its shoots great groups with the Hornady ammo.thats the ammo to go with from what i can see.the CCI and the Rem ammo shot OK but the Hornady really shoots good.

another card for the postal match :grin:

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
i sold my old 357 rifle but i did some shoo
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 04:35:39 PM »
Good Luck with that .17 HMR jeff, it seems most of our .17 Sportsters seem to like to Hornady the best, mine does also. These .17's sure can shoot. I'm have heard about the 20 grain ammo which is supposed to be coming out but have not seen any yet, anyone out there have any info on it?....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
i sold my old 357 rifle but i did some shoo
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 11:00:34 AM »
they sure do shoot.i wish a 22 rimfire would shoot as good as the 17 at 50yds.i will keep a look out for the 20gr bullet ammo

thanks