Author Topic: Hey Guys  (Read 563 times)

Offline vick

• Trade Count: (0)
Hey Guys
« on: May 07, 2004, 06:16:46 PM »
Just wanted to say howdy; I haven't posted in a while.  However, I do have a good reason. The Lord blessed me with a beautiful daughter, who is healthy in every way.  Her name is Abigail Elizabeth Vickery, she weighs 8lbs 14 ozs and has blue eyes ( just like her mom ).  If I can figure out how, I will post a picture for you guys.  
Anyway, my last post was asking for assistance on getting started reloading ( thanks for all the answers, they helped greatly ).  I wound up doing some horse trading, and got myself a setup.  I wound up with a Dillon 550 progressive, a rcbs rockchucker, two dozen sets of dies, scales, extra bullets & powder, and enough brass to last forever, along with a lot of smaller items.  So, I am getting started rolling now.  Right now I am working up 45 acp more than anything, because that's what the Dillon is set up for, and it seems to be a forgiving round to load.  I have ordered some max brass, and am looking forward to getting the little NEF up to full speed for the first time.  
Like I said just wanted to say hello.  I'll be back in again posting now that things are settling down.
Fear is but a stepping stone on the foot path to Glory.

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
Hey Guys
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 06:23:22 PM »
Welcome back Vick :D   Congrats on the new daughter/ hunting partner :lol:

Sounds like you jumped in with both feet (on getting into reloading).  

Good luck and let us know if you need any info.
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline vick

Hey Guys
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 06:34:08 PM »
Yeah, I haven't figured it all out just yet.  It was an all or nothing deal from my former Captain.  He hadn't reloaded in years, and really liked my Glock 19.  I got a lot more out of the deal than I had in the pistol, but he knew it and was happy with the deal.  I guess it just means upgrades will be a lot easier... walk to closet, open door, dig through stuff, upgrade  :) .

Offline marv

• A Real Regular
Hey Guys
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 11:36:15 PM »
Welcome on board Vick :D  :D
Sounds like you got a real deal in the horse trade. Congrates on the
new daughter :)  :)  Watch out You will spoil her rotten.  We like to
see pictures of her along the way. Marv.

Offline vick

Hey Guys
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 12:42:08 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome back guys!  I am trying not to spoil her, but I imagine I will fail misreably  :grin: .  As to hunting partner, My little boy is having some issues adjusting to a new face, but he's coming along.  My wife joked at me tonight that at least I wouldn't have to re-buy all those guns I bought for my son ( he's only three, but already has a full compliment ).  I hope I have to buy all of them again for her; I would love for both my children to enjoy the outdoors as much as I do.  Besides, it gives me an excuse to buy guns  :grin: .  My son already loves it when I practice out back, and the outdoor network ( or "the dead deer channel" as my wife calls it).  My only delima is, if she's like her mom, she'll out shoot me!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Hey Guys
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 03:56:35 AM »
:D , Welcome back Vick and congratulations on the new daughter and the reloading setup. My own lovely daughter who is 33 now occasionally reminds me of the good memories she has of sittting on "Daddy's" lap in the cellar and "making bullets". Great memories for me and I am sure you will have some yourself someday!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Deadeye47

Hey Guys
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 09:25:38 AM »
Sittin on your lap while you made bullets!? I had my son deprimming and resizing by the time he was 7!  I told everyone it was just his little way of paying for his dinner and I had nothing to do with it!!  :-D ....by the way congratulations on the new daughter! They do make ya smile don't they!!
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline Ganjiro

• Teppo Baka
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Hey Guys
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 10:37:34 AM »
WOW 8 lbs. 14 oz. ?  Sounds like a keeper...  :grin:   Congratulations!  
Just be prepared, you'll be loading shotgun loads with rock salt about 16 years from now.   :-D
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline vick

Hey Guys
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 12:19:03 PM »
" you'll be loading shotgun loads with rock salt about 16 years from now"

Are you kidding?  I started six weeks ago  :twisted: .  My only hope is if she turns out like her mother.  If she hits a wild streak like I did  :gulp: I'm in BIG TROUBLE.  I trying to teach big brother all kinds of dirty tricks to help keep an eye or her.  That, and I've been studying up on electronic tracking techniques :grin: .