Author Topic: Buffalo Bore ammo VS Corbon ammo.  (Read 1154 times)

Offline The deerslayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Buffalo Bore ammo VS Corbon ammo.
« on: April 27, 2004, 02:46:18 PM »
What ammo do you like best? Please let me know because I dont know what to get.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Buffalo Bore vs Cor-Bon
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 04:50:47 AM »
fred722 - any particular caliber you're interested in??  I ask because I just re-read a Gun Tests article comparing Marlin and Winchester 444s and in the tests they used ammo from both makers.

The Cor-Bon did not give good accuracy and to be perfectly honest, when I saw some of the open sight 50 yd groups from the Cor-Bon offerings they were pretty poor.  The Buffal Bore were more accurate cartridges.  

I have not had great luck with the cor-bon loads in the accuracy department.  Most of their pistol/revolver stuff seems designed for close range defensive shooting situations and bullet effect is more a consideration than accuracy.  Their 400s don't shoot worth schmidt in my bbls, their 165 gn 45 acps don't hold a candle to S&B ball accuracy and just because I don't like the guy I had to talk to at c-b I won't buy any of their 444 stuff.  The old Super Vel ammo was more accurate than c-b.

I'm hoping some of the other posters have better, or at least more experience with c-b offerings and can provide you with a better comparison.  Mikey.

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
cor-bon
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 08:48:14 AM »
I bought some cor-bon ammo for my 14" contender barrel in 300-221. It shot great. I was getting 5/8" three shot groups at 100 yards.

Offline The deerslayer

• Avid Poster
Buffalo Bore ammo VS Corbon ammo.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 11:02:44 AM »
It will be the 454.

Offline oso45-70

hunting and shooting discussions
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 07:41:51 PM »
Fred722.
 I think Mickey hit the nail on the head, every thing i have able to observe
C-B is for blowing stuff up, Hi- vel is not the answer to good groups. I know there are people that like the C-B but i watch the police at the range
and the ones that use other ammo seem to do a lot better. In my opinion
nothing beats making your own ammo, you can taylor your loads to work in your gun.........pistol or rifle, If you are going to shoot a lot it pays off in more ways than just being cheaper but you will shoot more and thats what its all about. All bought ammo is good, But how good is it, It only makes sence that you can work up a load that fits your shooting and the guns capability by handloading............. bobg, you have a super gun,  it
happens once in a while, I've had a few T-Cs that would shoot like a bench rest rifle my self, still have a couple. The reason i sill have them is because they do shoot like that. WOW im going on like a old man, lonesome i guess, You All have a good day, Keep your powder dry.
                                  ...........Joe......................
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain