Author Topic: post w/picture, 28 pound turkey?  (Read 805 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
post w/picture, 28 pound turkey?
« on: May 12, 2004, 06:50:53 PM »
Can anyone here help me with this. Had a little gathering at the house tonight, burgers and dogs on the grille, couple of drinks, sit around the fire outside until midnight. Got talking turkey hunting and said "there is a picture of a 28 lb. turkey on this website I frequent, a guy got it about a week ago". Well you know the drill, I remember seeing the picture somewhere, think the hunter used something other than an NEF but thought it was posted here, couldn't find it. Anyone else see that picture and post? If so where is it so I can show these guys? Thanks for any help, I'm not crazy, really, am I?. Maybe it's that darn iced tea or lemonade by the fire at night....<><.... :eek:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline MTNMAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 03:34:32 AM »
MSP,
If you find that pic, please post it..'cause after 30+ years of Turkey Hunting I'd love to see a 28lb Wild Turkey...Not sayin' they ain't out there just that I'd like to see one...Yup, even just a Pic... Told someone the other day,"Your suppose to hunt wild turkey before ya go drinkin', not drink Wild Turkey before ya go Huntin'."...You been down on Maggies Farm lately? She was known to let a couple of them "Ghost Turkeys " out on occasion, seen a few pics of them on the Web...some of them ran 30 and better.... :-D  :)  :-D MTNMAN :)
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline turkeyhunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 06:17:33 AM »
try this link:

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=32773&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

It was shot by whitedogone.  I think the post was on the rifle page under the title "I can't stand it anymore" or something like that.
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 07:17:48 AM »
Thats it!!! Thanks turkeyhunter. Mtnman I hope you come back to this thread to see this, a great bird don't you think???. Is it one of Maggie's? What say you?...<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline whitedogone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 04:06:05 PM »
MTNMAN,  Ya don't have to go all the way up a mountain to see a big one.  Heck, we just grow 'em a bit bigger out here in the corn fields.  Ain't nothing but corn fields 'round here.

My grandmas place

I go about 6'-2".
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 Skeet 28g 28"
Browning BPS Syn. 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS rifled w/ Pentax 2x5x20
Tikka M595 in .223 w/ Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40
Savage 93 in 17HMR w/ Mueller APV 4.5-14
Winchester 94 mint Built in 1951
Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" 44 Mag

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 12:37:47 AM »
Figured it had to be a Corn fed boy...Helluva bird Whitedogone... 24lbs has been my biggest to date 10 1/2" beard and well rounded spurs...Ol' Tommy Three toes tends to round them off on the rocks up here...now if we could only figure how to grow a mast crop of corn on them rocks... or maybe get the to swallow some of the rocks...CONGRATS on a truly Big Bird...

MSP.... Maggies farm birds are all white and have all them additives... but I have seen one white turkey of the wild variety, as well as just about every shade of brown to almost black with absolutely no other colors on the bird.... Next I want to see a 30Lb Bird right in front of Lil' Tom.... :)

Hey WNY, you remember the pic of Turkey Lady's Black bird or was that before your time on the other side of the stream???....

Later, MTNMAN :grin:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 10:49:44 AM »
MTNMAN...I think that was before my time...I don't recall that bird.  Having any luck in the Ramapo Mtns?
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense