Author Topic: Naa 22 Companion cap and ball  (Read 836 times)

Offline Wise Master

• Trade Count: (0)
Naa 22 Companion cap and ball
« on: June 11, 2004, 01:54:09 PM »
I'm thinking about getting this pistol for some close range shooting. Instead of using powder and a bullet could I use just the primer and a 22 cal airgun pellet? This would be fine for the shooting that I do because I don't want alot of power.
Thanks

Offline Ramrod

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 02:11:17 PM »
Well, maybe, but why not just get a pellet gun? If you are not going to burn any powder why would you want to clean it? The caps are WAY more corrosive than black powder.
"Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine." Patti Smith

Offline filmokentucky

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 02:42:54 PM »
I have a couple of these and they are a real blast to shoot. You see them in the on-line auctions once in a while, but the savings don't amount to much over the price of one straight from NAA and the folks at NAA are great to deal with.
  I have the Civil War companion set with the extra cylinder and holster. It's a good deal. These guns are close range propositions, but once you get used to them, you can hit consistently at 10 yards or so.   Maybe more. Great for mouse hunting. I'd recommend the magnum version as it has significantly more power. I'd say go ahead and buy one---I can't think of a C&B revolver that can be fired for less. Use the NAA bullets for best accuracy. They are priced very reasonably.
N.M.L.R.A. Member
T.M.A. Member
N.R.A. Endowment Life Member

Offline Wise Master

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 06:38:52 PM »
I have looked at pellet pistols but they require some type of air source(spring, pumping, co2, etc.) I'm looking for a small gun without alot of power, just for shooting cans and stuff from a few yards away.

Offline filmokentucky

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 07:22:58 PM »
These little pistols are great plinkers and are a lot of gun for the money. Loaded as suggested by the maker they have acceptable accuracy
and will kill a tin can dead every time. The packets of bullets from NAA are the best way to go. The loading tool that comes with each revolver seems to seat the bullet square every time. You should use the tiny amount of powder though. I'd be worried about a cap having enough punch to drive a slug out of the barrel. Besides, it makes a most satisfying bang when you use the full load.
N.M.L.R.A. Member
T.M.A. Member
N.R.A. Endowment Life Member