Author Topic: oh no i did it  (Read 690 times)

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
oh no i did it
« on: May 09, 2004, 01:03:03 PM »
well guys it just happen ............i'm done , finished ,stoped , halted , never to do agin(at least for a year :-) ) with school i had my graduation party yesterday . and would you believe what mom and dad gave me ? A new springfield 1911 SS 45 mil.spec.  I love this gun!!!  and i love my parents . not only for getting me the gun but for putting up with me and my mom for schooling me for all those years (homeschooled K-12 grade). anyway i love them their the best a guy could ask for.  heres to my mom and pop helping my get older
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline Deadeye47

• Trade Count: (0)
oh no i did it
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 01:25:59 PM »
:agree: double cool grad.present. Good luck....and be careful you don't put your eye out with that thing!!...................( :lol: .Just kidding ya!) Actually I think I got 50 bucks and my Dad asked me if I had a job for the summer yet..... :?
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
oh no i did it
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 01:42:05 PM »
Congratulations Mitchell, sounds like your parents got themselves one fine son and for sure you have got a couple of fine parents. Go hug your father (remember you never get to old to do that) and shake his hand and thank him, then hug you mom and tell her you love her,  thank her for the present and for all she has done for you, things you will probably never know. Then tell her you love her again and wish her a happy mothers day for all of us that can no longer tell our moms that. Savor the moment buddy, savor it and enjoy it, for to soon it will be gone, but remember, never forgotten....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Ganjiro

• Teppo Baka
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
oh no i did it
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 01:27:47 AM »
:D  Congratulations Mitch, My wife homeschooled my eldest son so I know what you put your parents thru...  :)   That 1911 will forever be a family heirloom now to keep forever in the family, priceless.  Great parents you have, and they know they can trust you.  I still have the first 2 guns I ever owned, both gifts from my dad from over 30 years ago, a Ruger 10/22, and a Marlin 94 in 44 mag.  I'm keeping them forever.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
oh no i did it
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 04:23:24 AM »
MSP Ret i will never get too old for that . i hug and kiss my mom and dad goodnight every night even if someone is their . i kiss them good bye when i leave to go out even when my girlfriend is three feet away and i'll never stop doing it.  my parents have done too much for us kids for us not to be grateful  , so i wont stop so long as God lets them stay on this planet i'll keep hugin kissin and sayin i love them everyday!
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
oh no i did it
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 05:17:29 AM »
Good for you Mitchell, Only those that are insecure in their own masculinity and are unsure of themselves in general would be afraid to hug and kiss their parents. I'm 59 and would and will hug my father and give him a kiss whenever I could. Sadly I can no longer hug and kiss my mother, but someday I will again. Unfortunately because of what I chose to do for a living for 32+ years I have had to many die when I was with them or near them and have much to often been in close proximity to death, usually of a violent nature. It's not nice but it's real and it makes you more appreciative of life, embrace it and you family and friends while you can, for to soon they will be gone. Live life, enjoy it, and thank God every day for what he has given us....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley