Author Topic: what kind of scope do you use and........  (Read 798 times)

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
what kind of scope do you use and........
« on: June 03, 2004, 02:25:43 PM »
what kind of scope do y'all use?? on the slug guns and how many rounds hve the scope taken. mines a bushnell trophy 3-9x40 with a mil-do rett. so far it has taken about 20 rounds. i use loupold rifle men HIGH rings.
~buckslayer :wink:
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 02:44:36 AM »
I use a Bushnell Trophy 1.75-4x32 scope on my 12GA Ultra Slugger.  I have between 50 and 75 slugs through it.  I use Winchester BRI 2 3/4" sabots to get the gun on target and then I use Partition Golds 2 3/4" to fine tune because that is the slug that work well in my gun.  I may have put more slugs than that through the gun...I just can't really remember.  That scope has been on it from the beginning so as many shots as the gun has taken is as many as the scope has handled.  Not a flinch from the scope yet and I don't think there will be.  I use Millett high rings on the Slugger...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline MTNMAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 03:00:49 AM »
:agree:  :agree: I've had the same scope as WNY has on my Ultra 20 since the first Ultra 20 came out... It hasn't missed a deer since I bought it and hasn't had to be reconfigured since I mounted it, it's dead on...Matter of fact it was on a 1100Lt 20 gauge Remington with a Hastings rifled barrel a couple of years prior...Love them Bushnell Shotgun scopes so much I've got them on my Turkey Thumper  Lil' Tom and Huntsman as well... MTNMAN :grin:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline jeff223

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 03:47:25 AM »
i have 2.8-10 X44 Simmons Aetec on my 20ga ultraslug barrel.its alittle more than you need on a shotgun but i like the Aetec scopes.i own three of them and i like the big feild of veiw this scope has.it also has a full 5 inches of eye releaf.i leave the scope on 2.8 power when i am in the woods hunting.its a great scope for the money.i have shot about 50 or 60 rounds through this gun.i have the same scope on a Knight muzzle loader and have fired about 500 rounds or so through that.i load this muzz up hot and the recoil is more than the 20ga.no problems yet with the Aetec

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 11:57:53 PM »
scopes......... HMmmmmm where to start??

NEF 30-06 3-9x40 swift
NEF 243 4-12x50 bushnell
NEF 30-30 2-7x40 swift

i also have a couple spares around that include

Tasco 3-9x50 world class
Tasco 2-8x32 world class (waiting for a 17 hornady to live on)
Simmons Aetec 4-14x50 (waiting for a .223 to live on)
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 05:49:48 AM »
My ultra 20 currently where's a bushnell banner 1.5-4.5x32.  The scope has zero 20 gauge slugs to it's credit it at this time, but that will change this fall during sight in.  However, the scope came from my 22lr sportster where it saw a couple ranges days, and before that came from my mini14 where it saw a few hundred rounds of rem 223.  Before that the scope handled around 50 12 gauge 2 3/4" slugs and a dozen or so rounds of 3.5" turkey loads out my 870 super mag.  So the scope has proven it can hold it's cookies and POI.  I have no doubt it'll be a good scope on my ultra 20.

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline rmtaylor

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 11:34:07 AM »
I have a Bushnell Banner 4x32 on my 12 Ga Ultra and it has taken about 50 rounds. I use Lightfield 2 3/4" slugs and after I zeroed it the first time a little over 2 years ago I have not had to touch anything.

Richard
NRA Member
Living in Michigan but  "MY Home's in ALABAMA"