Author Topic: Where's the new Deluxe Classic?  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Where's the new Deluxe Classic?
« on: June 08, 2004, 12:25:18 PM »
I have'nt seen one yet nor heard any reports. I can't wait to get my hands on one or at least get the barrel. Anybody seen one yet?
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 12:32:03 PM »
NOT a sign of one up here either, and i ordered one from my dealer months ago. he still tries to order one every week, but he just cant get one yet. i emailed NEF, but did not get a reply. "big surprise" but if i hear anything i will let you know.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline Ambushhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 04:11:50 AM »
Just hung up from customer service.  Will start production "June or July".  Jen said most likely in July. Hope this stokes your fire, Ambush
NJCSD, ANJRPC, NRA
http://www.njcsd.org/

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 08:47:28 AM »
Been in the catalog for 6 months, and NOW they start making them??? then again no big surprise to me, i still am waiting on the 22-250 i ordered back before march :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  hope these new guns are worth the wait.

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 10:15:28 AM »
i wish they would hurry their butts up i want one of them , BAD . does anybody know how much they were gona cost?
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 12:33:30 PM »
the shotgun will be between $150-$160. my dealer could not give me a firm price when i ordered it. but that is ok with me :-)  :-)  :-)  i hope they are out before summer is over, i really want to shoot some clay with it before it gets too cold.

Offline Ambushhunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 02:33:08 AM »
I placed my order two months ago....my dealer charged $180 here in NJ.  I didn't think that was too bad of a price.  I only hope the classic has a better finish on it than the standard topper.  If not, I'll take it apart and re-finish it.  I've done that with most of my plain wood NEF stocks.  Ambush
NJCSD, ANJRPC, NRA

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 06:09:17 AM »
Ambushunter, did you redo just the wood or the metal too? What did you use on the (hard)wood stock and how did it come out?....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Topper Deluxe Classic MSRP
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 11:17:34 AM »
Mitchell,

I have been waiting for one of them too. H&R/NEF says the MSRP is $213, but I was told that we should be able to buy it for around $160. Hope that helps.

I am also waiting for a new Sidekick with a 26" barrel, anyone seen one of those yet? Later.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2004, 12:10:19 AM »
Busta<------ i saw one new sidekick in stainless, and one that was blued, not bad guns at all. but if i wanted a muzzle loader i would just have a huntsman barrel added myself.

Offline 044

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2004, 12:59:17 AM »
VC, PLEASE get in touch with me ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Griz

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2004, 02:24:36 AM »
I agree with VC guys, I just recently saw a blued Sidekick alongside a Huntsman and they looked almost identical. The receiver on the Sidekick was just a bit shorter....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2004, 05:48:44 AM »
VC,

I would agree also, but the Huntsman can only be had in a 24" barrel which I have. I am looking for a SS Sidekick w/26" barrel to see if I can get a light sabot with a little more powder for a flatter trajectory. I want this rifle for varmint hunting at longer ranges with duplexed sabots. I am slowly switching all my guns to either singles or front loaders.

How much were they asking for the SS Sidekick? Blued?
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2004, 05:59:54 AM »
Busta, They had one about a week or 2 ago in the blued version at Kittery Trading Post. I am not sure of the price but $159.95 seems to ring a bell. They are listed on the Internet and have an 800 number, just ask for the gun section....<><.... :grin:

Offline Ambushhunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 03:33:54 AM »
MSP Ret - Sorry I took so long to reply.  When I finish the wood stocks, I just use ordinary minwax stains and polyurethanes.  I'm fond of the ebony stain and satin finishes.  Just be sure to use a few coats of finish and to let it dry a few days before really handling it too much.  Also, I've found that with the NEF standard wood stocks and forearms, there can be slight variations between the stock and forearms with grains and textures.  I swear that a couple of the forearms I own look like pine with the stocks being walnut.  Some forearms tend to come out a little lighter in color than the stocks.  They looks great when finished though, so that is no big deal to me.  I end up beating them up in the woods anyhow......Ambush :wink:
NJCSD, ANJRPC, NRA