Author Topic: Rummage Sale Find  (Read 483 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Rummage Sale Find
« on: June 12, 2004, 12:28:23 PM »
Found a real nice peep sight set ( rear Peep sight and front globe sight) today at a rummage sale for a buck!  No markings but what I can tell it looks like the peep sight that fit the Savage Model 19 NRA 22 Target Rifle made from 1919 to 1933 the peep fits on top of a round receiver and has the screw holes infront of the sight on a base flat on top and has a curved cut relief for a rounded receiver. Not sure about the value cannot find anything with a limited search but the guy at the gun shop said he figured it would be worth a few bucks to the right buyer?? Otherwise I am sure I can use it one some other gun as the base looks like it could fit other guns. Paid a buck kike I said so I figured I got a great deal. Expecially if I can get a good price or use it on one of my guns with a adapter plate. Any one who may know of some site I can look this up or would happen to have a old iron sights price guide let me know. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline ken w.

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
peep sight
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 09:23:52 AM »
If you are not going to keep it i'm intrested.I have quite the collection of parts,if you want to trade or something.Let me know.Kenn692@yahoo.com.

Offline jh45gun

Rummage Sale Find
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 02:40:01 PM »
Ken Will let you know I have not decided what I am going to do yet :!:
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Rummage Sale Find
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 07:36:19 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
Found a real nice peep sight set ( rear Peep sight and front globe sight) today at a rummage sale for a buck!  No markings but what I can tell it looks like the peep sight that fit the Savage Model 19 NRA 22 Target Rifle made from 1919 to 1933 the peep fits on top of a round receiver and has the screw holes infront of the sight on a base flat on top and has a curved cut relief for a rounded receiver. Not sure about the value cannot find anything with a limited search but the guy at the gun shop said he figured it would be worth a few bucks to the right buyer?? Otherwise I am sure I can use it one some other gun as the base looks like it could fit other guns. Paid a buck kike I said so I figured I got a great deal.
It do sound like excellent deal, say Dali Llama. :grin:  :grin:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk