Author Topic: Rimfire scope suggestions?  (Read 511 times)

Offline UMFAN1

• Trade Count: (0)
Rimfire scope suggestions?
« on: June 14, 2004, 04:15:45 AM »
I'm looking to mount a scope on my Ruger 10/22. I'll be using it mostly for target shooting/plinking and a little squirrel hunting. Do any of you have suggestions on a decent quality brand and power range?
.35 CALIBER MAN

Offline Zachary

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 12:08:52 PM »
I am in the same company as you.  I was looking at the Bushnell Elite 3200 5x-15x-40mm AO (For mostly target shooting) and the Bushnell Trophy 4x-12-40mm AO (for both target and squirrel shooting) and the Leupold Compact 3x-9x AO (for the same thing).

I'm still not quite sure which one to get.  I have kinda ruled out the 5x-15x because it is very long and heavy.  The Leupold is great, but I kinda want objectives that are 40mm.  Still, I think that I may go for the Leupold.

Regardless of which scope I get, I'm gonna get it from Jon at theopticzone.

Zachary

Offline bigdaddytacp

• Avid Poster
Re: Rimfire scope suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 10:19:15 AM »
Quote from: UMFAN1
I'm looking to mount a scope on my Ruger 10/22. I'll be using it mostly for target shooting/plinking and a little squirrel hunting. Do any of you have suggestions on a decent quality brand and power range?
.............You don't mention a budget area but for my squirrel hunting and fun shooting, I have had good luck with the mentioned Leupold 3-9EFR AO on lighter guns and a larger 4.5x14-50mmAO on a heavy barrel gun that I use in thick woods...the stock is made with a high cheekpeice so the 50mm works well and still lets me get good cheek weld with a heads up position.....I use the larger scope at the lower end of the power range for woods hunting........the 4-12-40mm VXII also Leupold will adjust down to 25yds and would be my choice for a gun with a more normal type stock and is less money.......add a good set of mounts/rings and you will be ready for fun shooting/hunting...good luck and good shooting!!

Offline George Foster

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 02:48:01 AM »
UMFAN1,

I have a Bushnell Trophy 4x-12x with AO mounted on my custom stocked Rem581 and I love it.  I shoot this rifle an awfully lot of the bench at 50yds and it is great.  Also if you want to hunt squirrils you can get set the AO at 50yds and be set.  I myself prefer 6x for hunting and that is what I set my variables on for my hunting.  The Trophy focuses down to 10yds.
Good Shooting,
George