Author Topic: Hey 22 lr pistol shooters...  (Read 547 times)

Offline lubbockdave

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Hey 22 lr pistol shooters...
« on: June 11, 2004, 01:15:35 PM »
any of ya'll shoot the Ruger bearcat with the 4 inch barrel? and if so, how about a review!!!!

Thanks

Dave

Offline oso45-70

• Trade Count: (0)
handgun general discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 04:02:47 PM »
Lubbockdave,
Great little gun to pack on a trap line. Light and shoots pretty good too.
I have one of the older ones all steel frame that i have never shot. Its
never been fired. It pains me not taking the little fellow out and plinking
with it,, oh well it won't hurt long i guess. Take care Dave.......Joe.........
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain

Offline TNrifleman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 05:12:14 PM »
I've had one of the new ones for a few years now. It is a great little .22 revolver. Well made, accurate, a joy to handle, every man should have one! I often carry mine in a small daypack while hunting big game. It is also a wonderful piece to tote while "woods bumming." :-)

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 05:19:10 AM »
Ah, now we are on one of my favorite subjects!  I have an old model that I picked up a few years ago.  The finish on the aluminum frame is good, but the blueing on the cylinder and barrel is very worn.  I absolutely love that gun.  When I first shot it, it printed high and left with federal ammo, which seemed to shoot very well in most of my .22 pistols.  I thought I might have to turn the barrel to center the groups and laid it on the shelf for a while.  Next time I got it out, I tried Remington HPs and it printed right on the sights!  Now I carry it everytime I want a .22 and most of the other pistols only come out when the kids are over to shoot.  It is light and handy and sits easy on your belt, or you can just drop it in a pocket.  The first time I saw a Bearcat back in the 60's, I wanted one.  Some how purchasing one eluded me for several years.  Now, my only regret is that I did not buy a dozen of these when they were only $37.50!  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline Doc T

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 04:26:41 AM »
I just bought one in stainless.  I have only had the cance to shoot four or five cylinders full out of it.  It shoots poiint of aim but accuracy is a little lacking.  I think the trigger is the problem.   I am going to keep working with it and if it doesn't set significantly better, I'll get a trigger job done on it.  I am not giving up on it,  I waited too long to get a stainless one!