Author Topic: Smith & Wesson Scopes  (Read 664 times)

Offline Donaldo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Smith & Wesson Scopes
« on: June 15, 2004, 05:29:12 AM »
Hey, any of you guys know anything about the S&W line of scopes?  I see some pretty good close outs on some of them.  I understand these were built by Hakko of Japan and S&W is dropping all of their optic products, but will still honor the lifetime warranty.  Are these decent scopes and what would you compare them with.  Thanks
Luke 11:21

Offline Zachary

Smith & Wesson Scopes
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 09:09:51 AM »
Donaldo,

It sounds like you're pretty comfortable buying a product that a manufacturer says it's dropping....the ENTIRE line.  Wow, personally, I wouldn't touch ANY of those scopes with a ten foot pole.  Sure, they say that they will honor the warranty, but HOW are they going to fix a product when they don't even make them?  It could take you a loooooooooong time to get it fixed.

Zachary

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Smith & Wesson Scopes
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 11:31:16 AM »
I wouldn't worry about the replacement issue, S&W kept a stock pile of them for warranty replacements, just in case, CYA, I guess! Hakko of Japan will service them thru RSR Group in Nevada so you don't have to pay to send it to Japan.  hth
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Smith & Wesson Scopes
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 11:34:25 PM »
Donaldo,

I bought a 1.5-6x38 back in March for $129 (MSRP of $396), and worth every penny. Then I ran across a deal that I just could not pass up, I just received a 3-9x40 for $89 (MSRP of $399), a 3.5-10x50 for $108 (MSRP of around $450), and a 4-18x42AO for $128 (MSRP of around $500 or a little more). I could not be happier with my purchase and these are high quality scopes. Looks like I saved around $1300 off MSRP for the 4 scopes altogether. :grin:  Time will tell how they will hold up to use, but if I didn't like the first one I wouldn't have bought the others. They are easily worth at least double of what I payed for them, no regrets here.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline BUSTER51

• Avid Poster
WHERE
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 06:46:15 AM »
BUSTA YOTE , where did you get the s&w scopes for that price I want some .
thanks  BUSTER

Offline Donaldo

• A Real Regular
Me Too
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 07:30:47 AM »
Hey Busta Yote
Where did you get the 4-18x42 for that price?  PM me if you want to, thanks.
Luke 11:21