Author Topic: 22 caliber Muzzleloader  (Read 4755 times)

Offline WNC

• Trade Count: (0)
22 caliber Muzzleloader
« on: November 24, 2002, 10:41:16 AM »
Wonder why no one makes a 22 cal. muzzleloading rifle? I think 32 cal. is as small as it gets, right?
"I don't know 'nuttin 'bout 'chinery. Whatche shoot with that?"

Offline DavidKansas

22 caliber Muzzleloader
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2002, 02:58:57 PM »
:( It fouls too bad and the projectis are too hard to load correctly, they made a pistol for the 22 cal but I do not think they ever sold very many.

Offline KING

• A Real Regular
.22 cal muzzleloader
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2002, 05:53:16 PM »
:D There was one that was made about 20 yrs ago..but i cant remember the manufacturer of it...it was simple to use...ya placed the rb in a breach area of the rifle,and then but powder in a rotating type disc..when ya closed it,the powder was behind the rb and the explosion caused the rb to obturate to the bore...they did not last long,or sell very well either for that matter..sorry i cant remember the maker..kinda think it was tc....i can imagine that they wre a reaal bear to clean tho
THE ONLY FEMALE THAT I TRUST IS A LABRADOR.......AND SHE DONT SNOORE,AND DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT MY COOKING...THE ONLY GODS THAT EXIST ARE THOSE THAT HAVE ONE IN THE CHAMBER,AND 19 IN THE MAG.......

Offline Charlie Detroit

• Contributor
I'll look that up...
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2002, 04:32:00 AM »
And get back to you later...It's my memory that it was Mr. Knight who was working on it, and it was "Rocky Mountain Rifle Co.", or some such.
I ain't paranoid but every so often, I spin around real quick.--just in case
Sometimes I have a gun in my hand when I spin around.--just in case
I ain't paranoid, but sometimes I shoot when I spin around.--just in case

Offline tarheel

• Trade Count: (6)
22 cal ml
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2002, 06:20:49 AM »
:D Hello WNC,I think your right,32 is the smallest i've found,I have a 50 hawken,going to get a 32 drop in from Green Mt..No 36 either.

I see your in western NC,I'm down in the peidmont,just n.of Char.
 Why dont you e-mail me,in case this does not print my address!

dnottus@vnet.net   hope to hear from you! TH

Offline Peevie

22 caliber Muzzleloader
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2002, 11:29:29 AM »
I'm up in the Hayesville area Tarheel. I've been trying to decide which caliber to get in a Pennsylvania style rifle and have just about decided to go with a .36 caliber from Cabelas. They're made by Pedersoli and from what I hear are good rifles. Looking for something mostly for squirrels or rabbits, but would like to try it out on a fox if the oppurtunity comes up. I'm kinda between the 45 and 36 as the 45 will give me less wind drift at the longer ranges, but I'd hate to try and skin a squirrel after it had been hit with a 45. Really no need in skinning then either I guess....lol

Offline tarheel

• Trade Count: (6)
Peevie on Mls!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2002, 11:51:04 AM »
:D That 36 from Cabelas should do the job for you,I'm looking for something pretty accurate and light recoil,never fired anything smaller than a 50 cal.
 I've got a price on a 32 Hawken from GM,waiting to hear from UNION CITY TENN.
 I know where Haysville is,think i've been there,shoot me an e-mail sometime,looking to hear from you again! TH  dnottus@vnet.net

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
peevie,
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2002, 04:45:04 AM »
peevie,  :D
If you are worried about loosing a lot of squirrel then try this. When you see a squirrel sitting on a tree shoot just in front of it's head no need to hit the squirrel. Just hitting close will produce enough of a shock to kill the squirrel and the flying bark will help to.b so ir you want a 45 then get one and use it well
handgunhunting@aol.com