Author Topic: Baby Eagle pistols?  (Read 475 times)

Offline The deerslayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Baby Eagle pistols?
« on: May 27, 2004, 12:01:26 PM »
Can anyone give me info on baby eagle guns? Do they work ok? Any problems?

Offline securitysix

• A Real Regular
Baby Eagle pistols?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 06:03:08 AM »
Parts are made in Italy by Tangfolio, they are fitted and assembled in Israel by IMI, and they are CZ clones.  The very first CZ style pistol I picked up was a Baby Eagle.  I bought a CZ-75B instead, but I still want a Baby Eagle at some point.  I've heard no major complaints about them.

Offline denvas

• Avid Poster
Baby Eagle pistols?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 02:23:34 AM »
I have had a Baby Eagle in .40 for about a year and a half now. As of this weekend I have over 2000 rounds through it. Besides the safety being in an awkard positon on the slide, makes for hard cocking and is a little too high for my hands for comfortable one handed operation, it is a sound gun. I have only had 5 FTEs and those were with cheap import ammo. When I use quality ammo I don't have this problem. The only complaint that I have is that it lacks the accuracy of my S & W XD in .40 or my Kimber/Springfields/Paras in .45. Just to make sure it was the gun and not me, hold-sighting-etc., I have had severalof my friends try the Baby Eagle. After two trips to the distributor for tuning and replacement barrels the best we can do at 25 yards are 6 to 8 inch groups. This is compared to 1 1/2 inch groups from my XD. Even though it is a pleasure to shoot and easily concealable, this is not a gun that I would let my life depend on.
Denvas
May the wind always blow in your face and the sun always shine over your shoulder. Then your prey will be unable to smell you and unable to see you until after they hear the crack of your shot!

Offline KTMNealio

Baby Eagle pistols?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 07:20:06 PM »
I have the 9mm version of the Baby Eagle.  My experience, however, is that is the most accurate semi-auto pistol I've shot.  Everyone that shoots it comments on how accurate it is.  I have the full size version, which has the 4.5" barrel and the really large grip.  If you have large hands like I do, you will love how this gun feels in your paws.  Most guns like Glocks and Springfield XD's feel so small in my hand that I have trouble hanging on to them.  The gun also is extremely reliable if you shoot decent ammo.   I shot some really crappy stuff and it jammed on my once a clip.  The PMC ammo usually would jam about once per 50 rounds.  But ever since I've been shooting the Wallmart Winchester white-box I've had no problems.  In fact, I've been doing and experiment lately to see if I can get it to jam with Winny white-box rounds.  I haven't cleaned it in over 800 rounds and it still works flawlessly.  I personally love the gun.  If you have large hands, the controls are perfectly places (safety, slide-lock, clip release) but if you have small hands I'm sure they would be out of reach.
There are 5 different sizes of hte pistol, and I wouldn't think the super stubby barrel ones would be very accurate..
 - Nealio

Offline flyingcircusboy

Baby Eagle pistols?
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 08:30:57 PM »
I own a .40 sub-compact Baby Eagle. It is a bitter sweet experience for me. The gun fits my hand like it was made for it, but the slide catch rounded off after only about maybe 500 rounds. The gun still functions but the slide will not lock to the rear, a bit annoying. I contacted Magnum Reasearch and they told me it wasn't under warranty and the part would cost thirty bucks. I asked, even if it is something that is so obviously a manufactuering fault? They told me I could send it to their gunsmiths but I don't want to be without my gun that long. For the money they are a good pistol I suppose. Don't expect it to come from the factory accurate, I had to have my rear sight drifted probably an eigth of an inch or more and I am still off at ten yards. I got the steel framed one and it is very concealable. I held it up side by side with a Glock 27 and they are the same size almost exactly. I know other people who own them and love them, I think I just got a bad one. FCB