Author Topic: NEF Pardner SBI 410 guage  (Read 2192 times)

Offline twalker

• Trade Count: (0)
NEF Pardner SBI 410 guage
« on: June 21, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »
4 years ago, I purchased a NEF Pardner SBI 410 guage for my sons to start squirrel hunting with. Well to make a long story short it is not getting any use. Both my sons prefer 20 guage shotguns. Soon, they will be graduating to using a rifle for deer hunting. Does NEF make interchangable barrels for this model? I could not find a website for NEF.
Thanks

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 02:00:32 PM »
www.hr1871.com

And yes there is a whole list of barrels there.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline twalker

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 02:50:20 PM »
Thanks for the website. Unfortunately NEF does not make any rifle barrels for the SB1 models, only shotgun barrels. They only make rifle barrels for the SB2 models.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 03:24:18 PM »
twalker, you could get a rifled 12 or 20 gauge shotgun barrel with open sights or a heavy rifled barrel set up to mount a scope on. Another option is a smoothbore 12,16 or 20 guage barrel suited for slugs. These NEF shotguns set up right for slugs are real potent and accurate deer guns....<><.... :grin: (P.S. - if your son's are not using it would you be interested in selling it to me for my grandaughter?)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Tcallbuilder

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 11:48:36 PM »
twalker;
The sb1 frame wont except any centerfire rifle barrels but h&r will mount the huntsman muzzleloader barrel.

If you have a special ml season in your area.....then it might be worth a look.
the huntsman is a great gun.....but is classed as a firearm with the ATF so you might want to check the regs.

TCB

Offline ScatterGunner

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 11:30:26 AM »
tw -

thats a fine shotgun, good for anything from quail to pheasant. i did end up changing over to the synthetic stock and forearm on mine, makes it light for those lightening fast mounts !

mine also patterns well with federal classic 3" lead shot shells, 7 1/2's work good for most birds over dogs out to 15 yards. i've used #6 on pheasant but if you're fast, anything will work.

sg
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 04:18:10 PM »
I wish twalker would check this site again, I am really interested in that .410 he has no use for, want it for my grandaughter. It looks as if he just posted here twice to get info. I have PM'd him with no luck. Well, I hope he found out what he needed to know, sounded like a pretty nice guy, maybe he will be back....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 12:23:46 AM »
MSP<----- if you want a good gun for kids, the 410 tamer is a great choice. its nice and light, and it has a 20 inch full choke barrel, that patterns really well with remington #7.5 express load in a  3 inch. and the shell storage in the butt stock is also a good thing. matter a fact my son's tamer has become my camp gun, its so easy to keep two brenneke slugs, and 2 rounds of birdshot right in the stock, and ready to use. only my 2 cents, but they are really fun to shoot, and nice and light. but i did put a black slip on recoil pad on this one, only because the lenth of pull was too short for me, but it is just right for the kids :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 03:22:56 AM »
Thanks VC, sounds like a winner....<><.... :grin:

Offline jbtazgrabber

• Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2004, 05:17:09 PM »
i have a 410 barrel im not going to use any more for 40 buck but you would have to fit it youself or a gunsmith one