Author Topic: First 3 shots with Ultra Varmint!  (Read 604 times)

Offline iisabigone

• Trade Count: (0)
First 3 shots with Ultra Varmint!
« on: June 24, 2004, 03:39:37 PM »
Hey guys I had to do a few chores before dark this evening down in the country. On the way out the door I grabed the New Ultra Varmint in .223. I also grabbed a large box and three winchester 45jhp.

After I finished the chores I paced 50 yards and set the box up. I marked a dime size spot in the middle of one side. I laid a sandbag over the window of the truck from the drivers side window and rested my elbow on the wheel and shot three slow carefully aimed shots at the spot. All shots felt good with good follow thru. The shots were 6 inches to the right but in a uniform pattern of about 1". The first two shots were together almost touching, the third shot was about 3/4" below the first two. Im assuming the first two were fouling shots and the third was  my actual point of impact. I measured the point of impact and made a scope adjustment before I left.

When I got home I cleaned the barrel real good until the patches came out clean. I think Im in the beginning of something good but I know it is just the beginning.

Im hopeing to get to the bench sometime over the weekend. I will let you know how it goes.
iisabigone

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
First 3 shots with Ultra Varmint!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 03:55:28 PM »
iisa
Sounds like you're off to a good start.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!