Author Topic: H&R Rifle with Maple Stock ???  (Read 720 times)

Offline TRick

• Trade Count: (8)
H&R Rifle with Maple Stock ???
« on: July 04, 2004, 02:49:14 PM »
Gentlemen,

I'm new here, and am looking for help.

It seems I remember seeing H&R rifles with maple stocks a few years back.  Now, when I'm looking to buy, it seems no one locally has ever heard of them, and I do not seem to be able to locate them on the internet.  

Was there ever such a rifle ???

Thanks

Todd

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 02:54:25 AM »
A few years ago, perhaps a year ago, all standard wooden stocked Handis were stocked with a light colored fairly even grained wood that was thought to be either maple or birch. Most of it was probably birch but I have seen some that I thought were maple also. Any of the guns more than a year or so old that were not ordered with a laminate or synthetic stock should have that type of stock, most now seem to be some form of laminated wood....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Doubletap

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 04:24:49 AM »
When the Ultra's first came out back in '90 or '91 they were stocked in maple, some with a lot of fiddleback.  They were produced like this for a couple years, then I never saw anymore new ones.  HRA must have switched over to the laminated stuff about then.  I'm sure someone around hre must know the actual particulars.  I was living in the Rocky Mountain west when the Ultra's were introduced and saw a lot of the maple stocked ones there.  When I moved to the upper midwest in '93 it seemed like nobody had any or had seen any.

Offline like2shoot

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 05:12:06 AM »
Call H&R CS ( # is on their sight ) . Ask if they have any one of a kind of what you are looking for stuck on a shelf. I have heard that sometimes they do have such things.
Shoot straight , shoot often.

Offline Leftoverdj

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 05:29:07 AM »
I saw a fake maple Handi for sale new six-eight months ago. The stock was the usual beech or birch, but it had been given a maple tiger stripe treatment.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline TRick

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 09:41:37 AM »
Thanks for the replys  - at least I know they are out there.