Author Topic: Higher Cost Of Barrels  (Read 642 times)

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Higher Cost Of Barrels
« on: June 29, 2004, 01:03:39 PM »
Sorry to have to say this, but H&R/NEF/MARLIN is at it again :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  there is now a $15 fee to fit barrels when you send your gun in for a new one. Low and Behold right before the new calibers, and the new vent rib 12ga barrels come out. HUH!!!!!!!! kinda makes you wonder what kind of company we are buying from. and the worse thing is that a new barrel will cost close to as much as a whole NEW GUN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i guess no more buying barrels from them for me. matter a fact, i dont know if i will every buy another gun with there name on it. this may have just been the last straw. i will keep what i have, but no sense in buying anymore.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline MTNMAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Higher Cost Of Barrels
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 12:44:10 AM »
VC,
Yup, Saw this over on the Center Fire forum... Still cheaper than a TC barrel, but as you say, Glad I got about all the barrels I needed when the gettin' was good...Still want a vent rib and maybe someday they'll again produce a smooth bore smoke pole with chokes, but by then I'll probably have enough pennies saved to buy the whole gun... The end of another era, the Poor mans T/C has become pricey...use to be a steal but steel's become expensive.... Later, MTNMAN :(

Sad part is, sometimes I wish I'd a kept my mouth shut about what a great Lil' rifle they were... I can remember sayin' that the H&R forum could be the death of the Pardner... Guess they became to popular to quick...  :roll:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Higher Cost Of Barrels
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 03:10:35 AM »
:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil: :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

:D
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline 50 Calshtr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Higher Cost Of Barrels
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 04:43:06 AM »
I need to get two more barrels for mine but I guess they'll be the last.  Hate to see a good program go down the tubes, but for the kind of money they want now I can add a little more and go up in grade/resale value.