Author Topic: Factory Trigger Job?  (Read 915 times)

Offline HuntenNut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Factory Trigger Job?
« on: June 30, 2004, 05:28:39 PM »
Are they still doing the free factory trigger job? Is this a good investment in shipping cost/wait time? About how long does it take?

I found a website to do it yourself, seems straight forward, but why burn a weekend if the factory will do it for free.

Offline hvacman

Factory Trigger Job?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 06:24:09 PM »
just got my rifle back from having a trigger job and other work. The trigger pull used to be around 8 lbs. now I don't know the weight but it sweeet. 20 days from the time they received the gun till I got it back. I think it was definetly worth it. Can't wait to shoot it to see what groups are like with a good trigger pull
it's the Bill of Rights not the Bill of Needs

Offline Mitch in MI

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/
Factory Trigger Job?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 12:47:50 AM »
I believe the free trigger job is supposed to be for triggers that exceed some acceptable standard.
I think the standard is either four or five pounds. At eight pounds, invacman's trigger surely qualified.

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
Factory Trigger Job?
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 03:40:55 PM »
Most of mine came from the factory with a 4-4.5 pound trigger. That is pretty good for your average hunting rifle. I was able to get my Ultra Varmint to 1.5 pounds with the instructions listed in the Faq at the top of this forum. That's a little light, but works great for the varmint guns.
Don

Offline Paul5388

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Factory Trigger Job?
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 04:38:49 PM »
When I had my .357 barrel fitted, I ask them to lighten the trigger to 2.5 pounds.  I don't know the weight, but it is certainly lighter than what it was when I sent it in.  They probably did it because I asked and because I was buying from them.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Factory Trigger Job?
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 05:30:43 PM »
Before I sent mine in for an extra barrel, I called em and asked em what they charged for trigger jobs, was told they don't charge for ~3lb triggers. Should get it back next week. :-)
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline borg1

• Contributor
trigger job
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 06:15:17 AM »
I sent my handi rifle in 3 weeks ago to be fitted with a .223 bull barrel and a .50 huntsman barrel.  They also did the trigger job for $20, and said the pull would be 3.5 lbs.  i'll check it when it arrives.

I am new to the site.  Great to hear testimonies on this little, cheap, and usually accurate rifle.

cheers,

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: trigger job
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 07:44:37 AM »
Quote from: borg1
I sent my handi rifle in 3 weeks ago to be fitted with a .223 bull barrel and a .50 huntsman barrel.  They also did the trigger job for $20, and said the pull would be 3.5 lbs.  i'll check it when it arrives.

I am new to the site.  Great to hear testimonies on this little, cheap, and usually accurate rifle.

cheers,

Borg1, Welcome to GBO! :D  ...So it appears now that not only are they charging $15 for barrel fitting but also $20 for the trigger job that used to be free! Guess I can't blame em in this inflationary world!!!  :?
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline borg1

• Contributor
thanks
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 10:54:22 AM »
Thanks Quickdtoo.  I am anxious to break in the .223 barrel.  I think i'll clean it really well with non-embedding bore cleaner and then go through the shoot and clean process (with hoppes#9) shooting a full box of factory ammo.  Will let you know how things go.

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
Re: trigger job
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2004, 12:04:58 PM »
Quote from: quickdtoo
...So it appears now that not only are they charging $15 for barrel fitting but also $20 for the trigger job that used to be free! Guess I can't blame em in this inflationary world!!!  :?

It's a shame our pay doesn't go up to match it!
Don