Author Topic: Unbiased opinion  (Read 1199 times)

Offline polack

• Trade Count: (0)
Unbiased opinion
« on: June 12, 2004, 05:32:25 AM »
What is the better pistol brand, HK or a Sig?
Polack

Offline Buford

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
Best
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 06:44:19 AM »
Both are excellent handguns.

Offline Thomas Krupinski

• A Real Regular
Unbiased opinion
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 06:47:45 AM »
There is no such thing as an unbiased opinion.  I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Offline SLAVAGE

• Trade Count: (21)
  • A Real Regular
Unbiased opinion
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 02:33:28 PM »
ther both very good guns it realy depends on what you are looking for in one an what round you want to shoot
sig 229 at least i fired an its equal at least in my hand as the usp 40 full size my friend loves his
the draw back is it is single double but just has a decocker no safty
my usp has single double with a safty on the down lick of the decocker switch

dave

Offline williamlayton

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 01:20:47 AM »
I have a 239 and a 229 in tha sig. The 239 has a .40  and a .357Sig barrel, while thew 220 is a .45.
I like the SIGS for their reliablility with all types of ammo. The 220 is more accurate than the 239 but that has more to do with the size than anything. Saying that, the 239 is pretty dogone accurate, well, if the operator was.
THIS IS A BIASED OPINION.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline RemingtonDave

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 04:29:14 AM »
I doubt if there's much difference between the two makes as far as quality, function, reliability and accuracy goes. They are both first class.
The difference for me is the materials used. I personally prefer a metal frame to a plastic one.
Handle them both, if you haven't already, and you will probably prefer the feel of one over the other.

RemingtonDave
Proud NRA Life Member

Offline Dave in WV

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 04:41:52 AM »
It depends on which one fits your hand best. That's the best one. :wink:
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline polack

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 11:57:43 AM »
The reason I asked this question is because, not being familiar with each make of gun I was wondering what would be the best purchase. Last week I did buy, at an estate sale, a HK4 that was in excellent shape for $250. Today I took it to the range and shot some rounds out of it, must admit it was one fine shooting gun. So on the way home I stopped at the local dealer and checked both the Sig and HK 45's out. I did notice that the HK was made in Germany and the Sig has the frame made in Germany and I presume the rest of the gun either made elsewhere, or here in the states. So is the older Sig's better than the new ones, or are they the same, and how is the comparison to the German made HK
Polack

Offline New Hampshire

• A Real Regular
Unbiased opinion
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2004, 12:08:58 PM »
Sigs are now manufactured (except for the mentioned frame) here in my home state of NH.  I believe Sig has begun using milled slides instead of the older way of stamped metal, but Im not sure.  Like has been said, you cant go wrong eitther way.  I too once contemplated a Sig vs. an HK USP.  In the end I perferre good ole steel on my frames than polymer, but thats me.  So Sig it was.
Brian M.
NRA Life Member
Member Londonderry Fish and Game Club
Member North American Fishing Club
Member North American Hunting Club
Member New Hampshire Historical Society
Member International Blackpowder Hunting Association

Offline hubcap

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2004, 10:35:20 PM »
An opinion is by definition biased.
:D   GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME

Offline polack

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 07:47:41 AM »
Hubcap
 All I want to know is the difference between the two brands not whether you feel an opinion is biased or not
Polack

Offline strider72

• Avid Poster
Unbiased opinion
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004, 02:05:25 PM »
I would pick the Sig over the Hk, but I personally carry and rely on a Glock 19. I would choose the Sig because I can get a higher grip on it than the Hk because of their trigger group location. The Hk torques worse with me and I have heard the same thing from some friends whose opinion I respect. However, You probably should rent both and shoot them side-by-side to form your own opinion. Also, there is alot more Hi-caps available for the Sig than the Hk, if heaven forbid ,that accursed AW ban doesn't go away.

Offline Old Griz

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2004, 08:29:25 AM »
:cb2: Hooooo-boy! You opened yourself up with the way you asked that one! You'll never get an unbiased opinion around here, but you sure will get some good ones! You'll sure learn a lot from these guys!

Personally, I love the way the metal Sigs feel in your hand (not the new plastic ones). I know that both the Sigs and the HKs are excellent guns, but  I'd never pay that much for one. Not when I can get a Glock cheaper and have a better gun! But that, oh course, is my unbiased (yeah, right) opinion!

Hey-you can't go wrong with any of those, but remember -- REAL guns, are WHEELguns!  :)

(Yet another unbiased opinion!)  :D
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline oso45-70

handgun general discussion
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2004, 10:13:35 AM »
Griz,
Thats my unbiased opinion also, It feels so good to have an unbiased opinion................................Joe................................................
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain

Offline strider72

• Avid Poster
Unbiased opinion
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2004, 09:54:05 AM »
What have you decided to get, Polack?

Offline rockbilly

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2004, 03:35:22 PM »
I own both, and think both are great, but if I could only have one, I wouldn't trade the Sig for a truck load of HKs if I couldn't replace it.  I have put lots of rounds through both of my Sigs, the 229 had two barrels, .357 and .40.  Shooting reloads or factory ammo, I have never had a jam or malfunction of any kind that would make me doubt the Sig.  I like the HK, but mine doesn't always digest reloads.  To me, if you can't trust it, or have doubts, you might as well leave it at home and take a wheel gun.

Offline Old Griz

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2004, 07:27:14 PM »
:cb2: Hey, he almost said real gun!  :)
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline williamlayton

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 10:13:49 AM »
For those who advocate a wheel gun as the only real gun :oops:  I would like to say, well, er. If'n it werent fer progressin to better weapons we would all still be shootin em :roll:  :D .
I like the semi, in all its modifications, fads, and formulas. Yes sir, I really do.
Gimme plastic, stainless, cast, or whatever, I like em.
 :D  :-D  :shock:  :P  :roll:
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Old Griz

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2004, 05:54:36 PM »
:cb2: Yeah, we heard about guys like you. You probably eat with utensils, bathe more than once a month, and change clothes every few days even if they ain't really dirty!  :eek:
Griz
<*}}}><

Offline williamlayton

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004, 01:15:46 AM »
Lets doan carry a good thang tooooo far.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Old Griz

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2004, 08:24:53 AM »
:cb2: I'm really just glad you haven't been washed away down there in Texas!
Griz
<*}}}><

Offline polack

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2004, 02:30:57 PM »
Hey Strider I still haven't quite made my mind up just yet but I may be leaning towards the Sig compact. Now of course I could change my mind and go elsewhere but the lean is sig. I too have the glock 19 preban that I really don't use too much, lucky if a box of 50 went through it. I also talked to a reletive today that has both the sigs and hk's, matter of fact around 5 sigs and one hk 40, and he likes the hk over the sig, he may convince me at the end. I wish I could try them before the buy.
Polack

Offline williamlayton

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2004, 12:12:27 AM »
Griz-
Been wet but them boys on tha North and West of Houston have had a bunch. It's gone around us for the most part, well, last week we had 10" here on the south east side.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline tonke73

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2004, 09:26:35 AM »
I too was looking at the Sig 229 or the HK USP Compact.40. I got the HK b/c it can take +p and +P+ loads. It comes with a lifetime warranty compared to Sig's 1 year warranty.

The Sig has a smoother decocker and replaceable pistol grips and an aluminum frame.

Either way, you're getting a great gun.

Offline polack

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2004, 07:48:36 AM »
Hey Strider, I made my decision today when I went out and bought the HK-45 compact ss. It was a very tough decision with the decision breaker being the guarantee and probably a relative, having both brands preferring the HK. Now to you HK people, is there anything particular I should know about it? By the way I paid $719 for it.
Polack

Offline ABaker

• Avid Poster
Unbiased opinion
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2004, 02:48:29 PM »
I recently bought an HK. If the grip feels a tad too small go out and get a hogue slip on grip for it. I did that for my HK 40 and it feels alot better in my hand. It shoots great also.
Go out and get yourself a Concealed Weapons License. I did. :wink: :gun4:

Offline polack

Unbiased opinion
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2004, 11:48:25 AM »
I'm not a very big guy, 5' 7" at 136lbs, so I"ll not be needing anything for fit. For me the gun seems to fit quite well, had it to the range yesterday to run some shots through it and I feel it is one amazing gun for fit and function.
Polack