Author Topic: It's not an H&R but it shoots!  (Read 925 times)

Offline mag41vance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
It's not an H&R but it shoots!
« on: June 30, 2004, 01:32:35 AM »
Just got my new CZ 452 varmint .22lr, mounted a Simmons 4-12x40 AO scope, sighted in with Wolf match extra, then proceeded to max the BDT 3 times in a row. That was the first three attempts at the BDT target.
I know it's not a Marlin, but this CZ is a shooter.
I'll post pictures of the rig and the targets later.
                                   :grin:  vANCe :grin:
no x now!

Offline marv

• A Real Regular
Cz 452
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 02:20:43 AM »
:D  Vance  :grin:  Iwould like to see your pictures :grin:
That's the way to go, get one that will no matter what it is. :roll:
Marv.
             take care

Ps Now your Dad can sleep late when you start shooting at day light!
 Tell him hello

Offline Thunder38849

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 02:30:07 AM »
What's the price on a CZ?
Livin' Life, 3000 fps at a time.

Offline jeff223

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 02:55:54 AM »
the CZs are fine rifles RV.to bad the US doesnt have anything that will compair to them for the same money.i look forward to seeing the target picture.maybe you can find TEAM TOP GUN and have your name put into the record book

Offline mag41vance

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 03:28:37 AM »
The whole rig set up was $445.00 including the governments share.
no x now!

Offline mag41vance

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 03:32:33 AM »
Quote from: jeff223
the CZs are fine rifles RV.to bad the US doesnt have anything that will compair to them for the same money.i look forward to seeing the target picture.maybe you can find TEAM TOP GUN and have your name put into the record book

If these three in a row weren't a fluke, then 7 more in a row will get me the ACE. That would be cool.
  I've only shot 3 groups to attempt it since mounting the new scope, so I'm three for three on the BDT. (that rhymes) no I'm not Jessie Jerkson
no x now!

Offline Leftoverdj

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 12:22:47 PM »

Vance is already in the record book, Jeff. He got there with a Marlin in .22 WMR.

While we are off NEFs and on CZs, I just got a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 that is the best natural cast bullet shooter I have ever laid my hands on. 27.0 grains of H 322 puts Lee's C312-155-2R into 1/2" groups at fifty yards at 2080 fps. One group might tighten to 3/8" and another loosen to 5/8" but that's probably me. 28.0 grains of H322 gives  about 2150 with only slightly worse accuracy.

I shimmed Lee's C309-150-RF and it does nearly as well. Still have a lot of powders to try, but I think that rifle is pushing the limits of what can be done with cast bullets that are only visually inspected.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline mag41vance

• A Real Regular
Re: Cz 452
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 01:33:46 PM »
Quote from: marv
:D  Vance  :grin:  Iwould like to see your pictures :grin:
That's the way to go, get one that will no matter what it is. :roll:
Marv.
             take care

Ps Now your Dad can sleep late when you start shooting at day light!
 Tell him hello

Hey Marv,
  Dad's been trying to get up with the chickens so he can shoot some crows that are robbing the garden.
  Dad said, " hello.

vance
no x now!

Offline mag41vance

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 01:37:43 PM »
Quote from: Leftoverdj

Vance is already in the record book, Jeff. He got there with a Marlin in .22 WMR.

While we are off NEFs and on CZs, I just got a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 that is the best natural cast bullet shooter I have ever laid my hands on. 27.0 grains of H 322 puts Lee's C312-155-2R into 1/2" groups at fifty yards at 2080 fps. One group might tighten to 3/8" and another loosen to 5/8" but that's probably me. 28.0 grains of H322 gives  about 2150 with only slightly worse accuracy.

I shimmed Lee's C309-150-RF and it does nearly as well. Still have a lot of powders to try, but I think that rifle is pushing the limits of what can be done with cast bullets that are only visually inspected.

DJ,
 You forgot to mention the trigger. Don't breathe too hard or bye-bye bullet. Thats awesome. I know it shoots with iron sights.
             vance
no x now!

Offline Leftoverdj

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 02:44:08 PM »
Oh yeah, CZ centerfires come  with a fully adjustable single set trigger. You can adjust it to a perfect 3 lb pull for field use and set it by pushing foreward and drop the pull down to maybe 2 oz. Just the trigger would be a $150 add-on for an American rifle.

Test target that came with it showed a 3/8" five shot group at 100 meters. I'm trying to get them to tell me what ammo they used and looking around for some Lapua, which is my guess. I believe the test target, though. If I can get that size group at 50 with unweighed cast bullets, they could get it at 100 meters with high grade jacketed ammo.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline jeff223

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 01:17:33 AM »
good shooting LEFTOVERDJ,
these rifles are great guns and i will say this about them.if a person is looking for a bolt action rifle they owe it to them selfs to check them out.i sold my Marlin 880sq and replaced it with a ne CZ American 22lr.its a great rifle just like RVs.the walnut stock is outstanding on this rifle.it has a full curl figure the full length of it and this rifle will out shoot my 880sq hand down.you can get a plain peace of wood with theese rifles or some come with a stock like the one i got.look around and a person just might run onto something special