Author Topic: Mule deer /antelope combo hunt ?  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Country Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Mule deer /antelope combo hunt ?
« on: August 26, 2009, 04:42:07 AM »
Looking to plan a  combo hunt for 2010 or 2011 but don"t know where to start.  Anyone know a good guide and or outfitter to contact that won"t break the bank for such a hunt. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Offline bow777

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: Mule deer /antelope combo hunt ?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:36:35 AM »
If you do some homework you can Hunt Wyoming Antelope for Cheap and if not for free on BLM, State of Private Walk In areas. A great place to draw tags is on the NE corners around Gillette. Even though it is a draw, there is always left over tags. I believe that they still have some. Best bet also is to go on the first couple of days.

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 01:07:47 PM »
 ;) I would not higher a guide for antelope. They are our easiest  big game to take.  Never hunted the ne corner of Wy. as it is mostly private. Check with the game and fish. They might have a list of landowners who offer hunting or charge a tresspass fee. Tags are left over there due to the fact that access is restricted. Where there are lots of nice bucks and public land, tags are difficult to draw. I have friends in Rawlins and Rock Springs that have not drawn a buck tag for antelope for 7- 10 years due to the large amt. of public land around those towns. As for mulies, it is the same deal. Where you can easily draw a tag, hunting is resticted due to private property. Wy. has the most tags for antelope, with Mt. next. But I think it is the same deal in Mt. You can get a tag there by going though the outfitter pool, but they are EXPENSIVE. If you can make a deal with a rancher there, that is the place to start. I have never hunted the northeast corner of Wy. so can be of little help there.   :-\

Offline wyohandi

• Avid Poster
  • NE Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 03:25:24 PM »
there really isn't alot of public land in NE Wy. well not by Wyoming standards there are thousands
of acres of BLM and walk-in areas in Campbell county but alot of it is landlocked (which is a big argument
waiting to happen) lots of ranchers more than happy to deny you access to public land.
I will try to get some outfitter names and #s on here for you.(maybe I can get one to take me to a good
spot for enough referrals ;D ;D)
No promises on affordable hunts, the ones I know personally pay a pretty penny for the leases, some
pay by the deer or antelope taken, the average price around here is $1000 per deer, thats what the
outfitters pay not the hunter. Hunting is a big money buisiness around here. (sad, but true)
And what Wyo coyote hunter said was right on the money if there's leftover tags everyone with access
already got their tag. Funny all the ranchers gripe about how much they feed the deer and antelope
but if you offer to take a couple out your gonna have to pay for all that premium plains grass ;)